Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max

My daughter's kitty, Max, who is huge has been acting very lethargic for the last couple days and he won't eat. I took him to the vet yesterday, and they're doing some lab work. The vet said sometimes very large cats are prone to diabetes or thyroid problems. I found a dead bird on the back deck, so i just thought maybe he was sick from that. Anyway we'll know later today. Has anybody had any experience with diabetic or thyroid problems in cats? The vet said if it is diabetes, it mean shots of insulin TWICE a day...ARGGGGG. He's an outside cat and only eats dry food.

A day without laughter is a day wasted...Charlie Chaplin

Re: Max

I Got No Advice To Offer, But I Wanted To Say That I Have A Cat Named Max Also.
    SHEL

Comment

LOL..great name huh Shel? Well it seems that our Max isn't diabetic after all; he has a blocked urethea. They're keeping him about 3 days to flush him out, and oh my is it expensive! My daughter said she would pay it back to me in little installments (she works after school at Baskin Robbins..bless her heart). I remember yrs ago having a cat that had a problem with crystals in his urine and I would have to buy cat food with a low ash content..guess we'll be doing that again. Vet said for some reason this problem is common in the fall months..maybe they don't drink as much water etc..

A day without laughter is a day wasted...Charlie Chaplin

Comment

My Sister Gets A Dry Catfood For Diabetic Cats At Her Vets Office, I Think It's From Iam's. She Doesn't Have To Do Shots Though. She Had A Cat That Had The Crystals, Had To Have His..... Uh..... Penis Amputated, She Catheterized That Cat About 4 Times A Day For Several Years Until He Finally Died! That's Dedication!! Lol
        "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

My Max Was Named After A Tractor Maxxum--he Was To Be A Shed Cat. Well He Is A Shed Cat During The Day And A House Cat At Night.

Glad They Found Out What Was Wrong W/ Your Max. Bummer It Is Expensive, But Most Vet Visits Are. Gotta Love Those Little Furchildren.

I Had A Sil That Has A Dog That Went Through Chemo--that Was Pricey. Same Sil Also Had A Child Allergic To The Dog--the Child Got Allergy Shots.
          SHEL

Comment

My boy Trembley had crystals as well. They flushed him out and he went on a special diet until he died last July.

Comment

Yeah male cats have that problem a lot. I read up about it and found out that since cats are more of a 'desert' type animal they don't usualy drink much liquids. So for our cat we have started adding water to the dry and mixing it with wet food. Mocha seems much happier since we have been doing this.

Huffle
              God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Working...
              X