Huffle update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huffle update!

Well it looks like I can't move yet probably be around next summer. My landlord is being a total A$$. I paid two deposits fo $300 each that were for pets. I was told at the time that those would be used for any pet damage to the duplex and if there was no damage half of each would be returned to me. Well they decided that that is NOT what the money is for that the money I gave them is basicly for the privilage of having the 2 pets.
    So this summer when I was at my Niece's house recovering from surgery and DS2 (no where near dear!) locked the black lab upstairs in my bedroom and she proceded to try and claw through the door and tore the carpet (putting a hole in it an a rip). Well is now not covered!!! When I first called them they said they would send someone over to sew it up and patch where the hole was. Well I reminded them that this carpet is older than Moses! It is an old short multi-color brown basicly sculpted shag. Was well worn when I got here and the 5 years I have been here have not done it any favors.
    So they want to charge me $1000+ to replace the carpet in the WHOLE duplex, upstairs and down. They also want to charge me $350 each for the door she ruined and one that there are scratch marks on (they cost $30 at Lowes). So basicly I can't move untill I fix these things or have the money to pay them to fix them. Bastards!!

On other things my foot is doing better. It seems like the broken screw is fixing itself in where it moved to and not causing too much problems. Tuesday at Physical Therapy I even walked in tennis shoes about 50 steps!! WOOT First time, no wraps or anything. So I am very excited about how it is going. I go again this afternoon.
    I'll be getting internet service back at my place some time this week! Yeah!!
    Oh and don't have to worry about figuring out how to cook for myself! My son's roommate got fired from the job he had at the apartments they lived in and got a 3 day notice to move out! Well they were going to fight it and see what the court would say about it. But the little piss ant chickened out at the very last minute (they had to be out by Monday) and woke my DS1 up after he had worked all night and had been asleep for an hour. Told him he was moving out today what was my DS1 going to do??? So I get a phone call and with my niece and her boyfriend got him moved out of his place and back in with me in 5 hours. Arrrrg. I was starting to enjoy being on my own.

So go the days of my life!! For now anyway. I should be on a lot more once the internet gets set up.
    Loves to you all and I will be on more now!!

Huffle
    God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Re: Huffle update!

I WAS THINKING ABOUT YOU THIS WEEKEND, STARTED TO CALL THEN GOT SIDETRACKED AND FORGOT! SORRY! GLAD YOUR FOOT IS GETTING BETTER WITHOUT ANOTHER SURGERY. I SAY GO TO A REMINATE STORE GET CARPET THAT REMINATE THAT WILL FIX YOUR ROOM ONLY, HAVE THAT LAID, BUY THE DOOR YOURSELF, MAKE DS GET UP OFF HIS DUFF AND COME OVER AND HANG IT FOR YOU. LANDLORDS ARE IN IT FOR THE MONEY ONLY!!

Comment

I agree.
      They are trying to take you for a ride - fix up THEIR property at YOUR expense!

NOT!

Do what Nu said.
      And get the HECK out of there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or hire an attorney. You have to replace old crappy carpet with brand new because of one patch?
      And no - doors are NOT $350. Ridiculous.

Also - refer to your lease and the wording of the pet deposit section............you are right, they are wrong. They are screwing you.

Comment

If All Else Fails Call Me, I'll Come Up And Sleep On Your Couch And I'll Hang Your Damned Door!!! Hey Eric And Tim, Wanna Help???

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
          If All Else Fails Call Me, I'll Come Up And Sleep On Your Couch And I'll Hang Your Damned Door!!! Hey Eric And Tim, Wanna Help???
          Well fortunatly my niece's boyfriend is a carpenter and he has a new toy for hanging doors so that should be easy. Those people suck I tell you. As I am on a fixed income it is realy hard to save up money for anything extra. So DS1 being there will help out to get the money for the repairs.
          We found an older couple that took Shadow (the black lab). She is in Cleburne and has happily adjusted. So dog damage should be done with.

Huffle
          God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Huf---T/G for neices bf for the carpentry work! Have you thought of going to a carpet remnant wearhouse, overstock wearhouse, or an over run mill? You can get remnants dirt cheap and have them installed (for alot less) by the people who work there (on the side). Sorry, I really try to be an up and up person, but you sound like you are in a real situation with these people. They want you to update thier duplex!! G/L, Laura

Comment

Neices BF may even know someone who will lay it cheap, or for a home cooked meal or something.....in trade! lol

Comment

Hey Debbie! Good to hear from you! What a bunch of jerks your landlords are! And, they wonder why you want to get the hell out of there!!!?

I hope your niece's bf will be able to get you taken care of.

So glad your foot is on the mend. Eugene asks about you still from time to time. Hope to hear more from you once your internet is up and going.
                Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
                  Neices BF may even know someone who will lay it cheap, or for a home cooked meal or something.....in trade! lol
                  Originally posted by LaurenB View Post
                  Hey Debbie! Good to hear from you! What a bunch of jerks your landlords are! And, they wonder why you want to get the hell out of there!!!?

I hope your niece's bf will be able to get you taken care of.

So glad your foot is on the mend. Eugene asks about you still from time to time. Hope to hear more from you once your internet is up and going.
                  Good Idea NU. Will ask him when he gets back intown this weekend. I think I might see if someone can take a small piece of carpet from one of the closets and use it to patch the hole. Maybe he knows someone that can do that!
                  Hey Lauren say heya to Eugene for me. I went to physical therapy today and walked 3 laps around the PT center with just the tennis shoes on using a walker!! I love progress. It felt realy wierd but I am so glad to see the progress.

Huffle

Comment

Huffle, glad to see you are making progress, remember baby steps don't over do. Once you get those things fixed are you moving out? I hope so. You have had a bad yr but hope you get better luck and move out & get your health back. One day at a time. You are doing good, even figuring out how to fix up the place. Glad you got some people to help you.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Huffle....
                      Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Working...
                      X