Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaving for Italy tomorrow and it will be a miracle if we don't strangle each other..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving for Italy tomorrow and it will be a miracle if we don't strangle each other..

My husband and I are going to Italy to celebrate our 38th anniversary (a bit belated). We are leaving tomorrow and are meeting three other couples at the airport (friends we have had from grammar school). I've known about this for a year and still am not prepared to leave. I lost my glasses and had to have some made in a hurry, gained way too much weight while DS#2 eas in Iraq and had trouble finding things that looked decent to take with. DH has been packed for 3 days - his suitcase weighed 38 lbs - mine was over 65! I still have to finish packing and rearranging the clothes. The airlines doesn't allow any small 'wheelies' for overhead storage (found that out just a few hours ago) so we have been scrambling for whatever else we can use.

I am hoping tht I'll be able to do the walking - have had both knees replaced - so this is really a trial.

Thanks for letting me sound off - he's following me around and putting things 'away' that I am still working on!

See you all in two weeks.

Have fun at the bar!
    janni

Re: Leaving for Italy tomorrow and it will be a miracle if we don't strangle each oth

Wishing you a safe trip!!!! Just relax and all will be fine!!!!

Comment

Re: Leaving for Italy tomorrow and it will be a miracle if we don't strangle each oth

Originally posted by doreenb View Post
      Wishing you a safe trip!!!! Just relax and all will be fine!!!!

Ditto on that! Have Fun!

Comment

Happy Anniversary! What a great way to celebrate it!
        Now that you are all packed---- it is time to slow down, relax and enjoy reminiscing about the 38 years you have shared!
        Have a lovely time Janni!!!
        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Have a safe trip. You will love Italy. If your knees start bothering you, think of it as an excuse to sit down, have a capuccino and people watch for a while.
          Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

I'm the same kind of traveler... throwing things in suitcases at the last minute. Have FUN and don't do more than your knees want you. I'm w/ the cappicino and people watching idea!!
            "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Wow! I'm jealous! Do NOT eat the pizza, DO eat the ice cream!! What cities will you be visiting?
              Happy Anniversary, and I hope you make some great new memories, too!
              I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Have a great time!!
                A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds.

Comment

Relax and have a wonderful trip. Italy is beautiful. You have to try some of the italian icecream, so much better then the american icecream. Don't worry about packing clothes, they have wonderful stores in Italy. Enjoy and happy anniversary.

Comment

what an amazing trip to take with such good friends!!! And I am sure you look amazing!!! Besides, all those Italians like curvy women!!

I love the language, and sound of the words, all the food and the history and I know you will remember this trip for the rest of your life. ENJOY

Comment

Have fun and tell us all about it when you get back

Comment

Have fun! And be sure to have a big glass of Vino for me !

Comment

have a great, fun, safe trip. I'm so jealous!!! Only place out of the US I've been is Mexico! And, Montizuma had his revenge on me! lol
                          "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

take your rx's and credit card..that's all you need.....

Comment

Working...
                            X