Why do dh's have to be buttheads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do dh's have to be buttheads?

Ok, so my dh wins the butthead award for this entire year. I swear to god he tries to pit his mom and me against eachother. Or just to make her crazy. When she talks about what we were having for dinner, he goes on and on about what I am cooking. Then she comments about when he was a kid the only thing he would eat would be plain hamburger, corn, and tater tots. This went on for years.

So, now that he has learned, if I cook it and you don't eat you can starve. Plus, I finally got him to start trying different food when we got married.

So, he just has to make her crazy over this.

dragun

Re: Why do dh's have to be buttheads?

Not sure... but I think it's in their DNA.
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

It is a man thing, the father passes it on to their sons, then to their sons, etc. It does not matter if it makes absolutely no sense, they do it anyway. Women on the other hand, do some things like their mother, but not all, we "upgrade" our way of doing things and to our changing environment. Who ever said women are the weaker sex were nuts.

Comment

I had a cousin who would only eat PBJ sandwiches. when they went out to eat, his mom would have to pack a sandwich for him.

My DD's boyfriend, he has such a limit on what he will eat. no cheese, no vegetables, no noodles. his favorite is hamburgers, chicken fried steak, of a big steak on the grill with a potato, the only veg he likes. I could not live with that. there is no way i could live with a picky eater.
        I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

SO's youngest son, ( 40 years old now) is a picky eater. Eats NO veggies at all, no salads, meat , beef only, beans, pepperoni pizza and then he takes the pepperoni slices off and preceeds to eat the pizza. Which makes no sense to me, why order pepperonini if you are not going to eat it. When I asked him that, he couldn't give me an answer.
          Cereal, bacon ,eggs and toast, and that's pretty much it. pretty sad, if you ask me.

Comment

At My House, If You Don't Like What's On The Table, Don't Eat It, But It's A Long Time Till The Next Meal! Luckily I Didnt' Have Picky Eaters, Dh Is More Picky Than The Kids Are, I Don't Make Anything "special" Just Because He Doesn't Like It.

I Was A Movie Once, Can't Remember Which One.. Some Stupid Comedy That Was Funny, Guy Changes To A Girl, Girl Changes To A Guy, You Know The Type. The Girl Decided Guys Thought They Were Special Because They Can "pee With Their Penis's"

So I Say Cut Off All The Penis's And They'll Be Regular Guy's Again!!! Lol

Comment

Because they're born with a "STUPID STICK".

Bless them, one and all.

Comment

I dont have that problem!
                DH eats ANYTHING I put in front of him. Has the waist to show for it
                DD is a WONDERFUL eater, she will try anything! She was eating sushi at the age of 2 (not RAW fish, just veggie rolls, cali rolls, etc)
                DS is a problem...NOT because he wants to be! He'll TRY ANYTHING also, but his condition makes it difficult to cook for him.

This is the ONE AND ONLY time I will say I'm thankful MIL is the way she is...DH couldnt WAIT to be fed!!!! LOL

Comment

That Picky Eater thing is for the birds! Yea, when I was a kid, and if I had a choice between a bowl of candy or a "real" dinner, I would have chose the candy, of course!! Parents just dont want to "hear It" and give in and feed them "whatever". DH was supposedly a Picky Eater as a kid, and when I make dinner like Stuff Cabbage with the Saurkraut (Hungarian), he eats it and he likes it. His mother comments on how he eats things I make and didnt eat hers as a kid. Of course, he got made something else!

Sabine, I think the Pepperoni thing, is, he likes the flavor of it IN the Pizza, but not by itself? I used to be scared of Pizza as a kid Lmaooo I think it was the Mushrooms on it, you Die if you eat Mushrooms thing.

Comment

Yes, I think you are right about that, he likes the flavor of pepperoni on the cheese. He just is not realizing what a bad example he is setting for his own children.

Comment

I've Always Had A Theory, All Boys Are Butts, And They Grow Up To Be Asses! No One Has Proved Me Wrong Yet!!! Lol

Comment

They are all born that way.

Comment

i'm lucky..my dh will eat anyting i cook he was raised by a single mother who was to busy to cook dinner..so he lived on fast food..amazing he and his brother's weren't heavy..then he said he was a starving college student..

which he was..i remember those days..with him..

he never pit me against his mother..i think he was a little afraid of her..so he keeps his mouth shut..

Comment

I really don't think dh is trying to pit me and his mom against eachother. I just think he doesn't think. I don't think he gets that it gets her going when he does this.

oh, yeah, and his parents did cook him his own meal when he refused to eat what they were having.

dragun

Comment

I always told my kids that you had to have 'one' bite of things before they could turn up their noses at it. DD suffered thru years of 'just one little bitty piece of tomato' in her salad before I finally realized that she really could not stomach it. To this day, she cannot eat raw tomatoes, altho she loves pasta sauce, ketchup and cooked salsa.

DH has been the opposite of many of the DH's I have read about on this thread. He actually ate stuff he didn't care for, for years before telling me that he just didn't like the way I prepared that meal. DH grew up in a poor family with 3 brothers. They definitely ate what was put in front of them and thanked the lord for it.
                              Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Working...
                              X