Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanna hear me scream?

no one is awake yet.

i am up, my kitchen is prepped and ready for assembly day today. I have shopped everything. got a late start yesterday, i do have my onions all cut up, my celery chopped etc. I did not brown any ground meat yet, and my chicken is not cooked yet. it's ok. some times it goes that way.

last night my cousin made cookies, she was in there so i didn't pull out all my cooking and storage stuff yet.

ugh here it comes.

I cannot find my ice cream buckets, the plastic tubs with the red handles.. i have ONE.
    called DH where are all the buckets?

his reply?
    OHHH yea, sorry, I froze water in them to use for ice bricks. i had to cut the ice out, so i used them. ( during evacuation)

you have got to be kidding me. I don't know if i should scream or pass out.

today I have plans for 5 of them. I am putting in them
    fiesta soup, chili, french dip, sweet and sour meatballs, and loaded baked potato soup.

if i had known i didn't have any, i would have bought 5 or more of them, passed them out to friends and said eat this and bring me the bucket back.

i'm numb.

he totally knows I need these, but he felt it was an emergency to use them , and cut them off the ice...

i know, right? cut them??
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: wanna hear me scream?

Since you haven't actually started to cook yet, is there time to run out and buy more buckets or something similar ??

Comment

I can understand the needing ice, but why cut them off? All he needed to do what warm it up a little bit and the ice would have slid right out.

Comment

that is what I was wondering, dip the bucket in the warm water and it'll pop right out!!

sabine, i use those ice cream buckets that you buy ? it already has ice cream in it.
        they are like 6 dollars, i guess, see if i had known this, 2 weeks ago, we would have cleaned out a bucket and i would have bought several for friends and said eat the ice cream, and bring me the bucket, or i would have called around and asked if anyone had any.... ugh...

i will send julie out when she gets up, she'll buy something, rubbermaid containers or something....

it amazing me his logic, and yet if his employees knew like i do they would never take him serioulsy.... that what gets me, to know what all he has to do at work, and all that he is in charge of, all that lands on his lap, and all the crap he has to know, and he cuts my buckets...
        I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

LOL you just described my dh. He is a superman at work, but he mush leave his brain there because he pulls some real doozies here. At home, he has a hard time thinking hs way out of a paper bag.

Comment

yea does his employees know he's addicted to Wii Sim city??
            do they know the lame jokes he tells us? lol

he is a super man, I dont' usually have any complaints, but this one will be written down for my great grand children to read....

and they will say " what? great grandpa lived through that one?"

Comment

Stella, maybe your local grocery store has some empty icing buckets with lids that you could use until y'all eat enough ice cream to restock? I have picked a few of them up recently and they are pretty handy too.
              Good Luck!
              PS....Unfortunately, Men don't think about things the way that we do...lol!
              Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Sorry huney...If I could help you I would.

Comment

Just a heads up I use the buckets to but Was in a pinch a few months ago. Found some 16 cup rec. plastic containers at Wal- mart for $2.00 a piece.
                  good luck!
                  I organize chores into catagories.
                  Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

I bet some of the dollar stores would have something, maybe in the kid section. Heck, it's Holloween...there's bound to be some kind of containers for sale.

Comment

Only problem is that they have to be food safe. Stella, TexAnn is right. Call the local grocery stores and talk to the people in the Deli (empty salad containers) and the Bakery (emptyl dough, icing containers) Our stores will sell them to you for a buck or two. (some will even just give them away if you have a good enough story--and I think you DO!!)
                      Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

You can't use ziplocks? I bought some 2 1/2 gallon ones at WM for moving and storing clothes... Could be big enough for what you need....??
                        I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Oh I forgot. You don't want to put hot foods in certain kinds of plastic.

Comment

Someone please clue me in............why all of the food cooking at once???

I know it's been on here somewhere before - I was thinking maybe to freeze for the month. Is that it?
                            Or is it catering or what?

I'm just not sure on the urgency of the containers or what they're used for........???????

Comment

I am not Stella, she can give you all the details, but Stella cooks once a month and freezes her food. She had all her food prepped ready to cook when she realized that the buckets were missing. I think that's it in a nutshell.

Comment

Working...
                              X