Darn Nana's Apple Cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darn Nana's Apple Cake

I was so excited after I picked apples to make this. Well it tastes good, but is really like slop. It's thick enough to cut and serve, but the texture is like tv dinner dessert. LOL. I don't think when I made it last time it was this goopy. I went back and double checked the recipe and I followed it right. Hm. I feel bad because I will eat it, but MIL came over and I told her she could have some, but it seemed like it needed to cool. It seemed soupy. Well it never really got any thicker. This is the first time I used a stone baker to cook it. And last time I only made half of the recipe. So now I don't want to give MIL crappy apple cake. Ha ha. This ever happened to any apple cake makers?
    www.thenewmommiezblend.blogspot.com

Re: Darn Nana's Apple Cake

I don't know what recipe you used but I have an apple cake recipe that I love. It turns out great every time. I got the recipe from my SIL. I try not to adjust anything with this recipe because I like it just the way she makes it. I even bought me a glass baking dish like she uses.

Sorry your cake turned out crappy. I hate when that happens to me. I try the recipe. I bake or cook it. I am excited. And then I bite into it and realize that all my time and energy was wasted.
    Spicy food speeds up your metabolism. Put salsa on your cupcakes.

http://find-teresa-butler.tripod.com

Comment

Got the recipe off of here from floridagirly68 and it was great when I made it in an 8x8 pan, but sure I go and get greedy and want to double it like her recipe states to do and it bites. Tatses good, but seems almost like it isn't done and I even cooked it a little longer after I seen how soupy it was. And I love those stonewear bakers from Pampered Chef. Oh well. I'll choke it down. Being 8 mo. pregnant helps with that.
      www.thenewmommiezblend.blogspot.com

Comment

Sorry to hear about the cake Richelle.
        I can only think that since you chose a different pan , that maybe you needed to adjust the temperature or timing in baking the cake. It sounds to me like it just did not get cooked all the way.
        Good Luck and try try again. I know it's heartbreaking and time consuming, and sometimes costly too, but that's what makes a good cook!!
        Trial and error. :wink:
        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Richelle, you probably didn't do anything wrong. The apples are so fresh right now that they are loaded with juice. The consistency of the cake will depend on the juiciness of the apples. Scoop it up and serve it with ice cream!

Comment

Working...
          X