Need you ideas......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need you ideas......

I need your creative ideas for Granddaughters First Birthday!
    DD has put me on a mission. Of course it will be pink & white! This is DD's only Daughter after 4 Sons, so she wants it to have that extra special touch!
    I have googled around, and I think your ideas would be a lot better,,,
    Please if you have ideas I would love to hear them...
    Thanks, Susan
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Re: Need you ideas......

Originally posted by TexAnn View Post
    I need your creative ideas for Granddaughters First Birthday!
    DD has put me on a mission. Of course it will be pink & white! This is DD's only Daughter after 4 Sons, so she wants it to have that extra special touch!
    I have googled around, and I think your ideas would be a lot better,,,
    Please if you have ideas I would love to hear them...
    Thanks, Susan
    One of the things we did was take photos from the shower, her coming home, 1st Christmas and mounted on poster board. It delighted family & friends as well as her. She would look at the photos and say "baby, baby". We plan to do this on her 16th BD as well!
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

That is so cool that she has a little girl after 4 boys!
      That is exciting!
      Bless that little girl when she starts dating!

Anyway - your Pink & White idea is great. You could do flowers, teddy bears, maybe Strawberry Shortcake. Been a long time since my DD's were that young.

I'm sure you'll get great ideas here!

Comment

At Gs's First Bd Party, Dil Made Cakes In Icecream Cones, Baked Like Muffins, Then Iced Them, Looked Like Little Icecream Cones, But Was Cake, All The Kids Loved Them, Gs Had Rather Eat Them Than His Actual Cake She Made Him To Tear Into. Pics Are In My Photo Album Of Him Eating Them, And Getting Them All Over Me! Lol

Also Had The Party At The Local Spray Park, Kids Loved That Even More. But It's Getting A Little Cool For That.

But At 1yr Old. It's More A Party Mom Will Remember Than The Kid! Lol

Comment

Her Birthday is Nov.16th and will be celebrated a little early.
          I like the ideas so far y'all. TIA!
          Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Strawberry shortcake, talk about a blast from the past. LOL do the stores still have strawberry shortcake items ??

Comment

I like the idea of Angels too.
              or Precious Moments

Comment

I think invitations always set the tone for the party. With all the ideas at the scrapbooking stores, you can make really cute ones. I would try there for ideas first.

Comment

I don't have an ides but this web sight does have the coolest birthday cake's i ever seen

http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    Strawberry shortcake, talk about a blast from the past. LOL do the stores still have strawberry shortcake items ??
                    Strawberry shortcake has made a come back. My Granddaughter (2) is playing with them.

Huffle
                    God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

I would buy a pink tricycle and let her ride it all over the house.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryJo View Post
                        I would buy a pink tricycle and let her ride it all over the house.
                        Cute idea, but she is only one year old and may not be walking yet, never mind riding a tricycle. LOL I would save that idea for the next birthday.

Comment

I saw my GD yesterday, she will be 2 in January, and she was wearing a little pink princess dress, she also has a little tiara, so how about a pink princess birthday party. Decorate her little chair/rocker all up with balloons. Dress her up. See if you can get big brothers to participate by bowing when she came into the room for the party, or acting as pages to carry the presents to her. Maybe have a multi tiered pink cake with a crown on top. Pink candy, pink lemonade, etc.

Comment

What about making her a doll cake. My mom used to make them where the cake was the dolls dress. If i can find a pic I will show it to ya. Princess theme, barbie theme.....I loved this kinda stuff for my dd.

dragun

Comment

How about starting a tradition for the Mom give her a roses maybe 1 for 1st year, 2 for 2nd, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X