Another "get over yourself" celebrity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "get over yourself" celebrity

(There was a picture here) Former Beatles drummer Ringo Starr, right, flashes peace signs with his wife Barbara Bach, left, during his 68th birthday celebration outside the Hard Rock Hotel in Chicago. Ringo Starr doesn't want to hear from you. If you do write, your letter will end up in the trash. That's the message from Richard Starkey, aka Ringo Starr. After 45 years of stardom, he doesn't want to spend any more time answering mail or sending signed photos back to fans. The fan fatigue led the former Beatles drummer to post a sometimes angry sounding short video clip on his Web site telling fans that any mail sent to him after Oct. 20 will not be read or answered. British television stations broadcast the video on Tuesday Oct. 14, 2008.

He sure hasn't minded spending all the fans' money over the years though...

Re: Another "get over yourself" celebrity

And somehow I doubt that his mailbox is running over with fan letters anyhow.........he's just lucky he got to go along for the ride with the other three.

Comment

right i agree, ok when he was making ga-zillions.............my era for sure, i love the beatles; still do, the old stuff, not the crazy stuff; and he was my least fav one anyway, so go get a life ringo, i love paul anyway!

Comment

I think it was completely RUDE.
        He should have never gone public with something like that.
        I'm sure he has staff signing/answering things anyway.

Just Rude.

And another one - David Hasselhoff - wants to only be called "The Hoff". He's lucky anyone still calls him period. I like him, but geez.
        As said get over yourself already.
        Last edited by EMail Queen; 10-14-2008, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Another has been. What has he done since the Beatles broke up ??

Comment

Ha!
            I actually thought it was a joke at first, because I was surprised that he got fan mail.

Oops.

Comment

Originally posted by EMail Queen View Post
              Ha!
              I actually thought it was a joke at first, because I was surprised that he got fan mail.

Oops.
              You think he EVER got fan mail ? I doubt he got any lately.

Comment

I can understand getting tired of it, but to make a public announcement. Was that necessary?

Comment

Made the news. I guess he needed publicity ( sp ? ) ??

Comment

I saw the tail-end of this clip on TV but not enough to know what was said. I'm shocked! How rude! (I liked George.)

Comment

I heard the video on the news this morning. He sounded like a jerk. I was in another room and didn't "see" it.

Comment

i don't think he needed to make a public announcement..he could've just tossed them in the garbage..now he will be reading hate mail..

Comment

hopefully he'll get my autographed photo request before the 20th. had no idea i was on a time limit. dang it....
                          I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Somehow I really don't believe that he ever answered his fan mail by himself. I am sure he has / had people do that for him. So what's the big deal all of the sudden?

Comment

I think Mr. Ringo Star needs to keep in mind that it was his fans that got him to where he is today. Shame on him.

Comment

Working...
                              X