Pure vanilla extract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure vanilla extract

Holiday baking time is just around the corner! I did up a batch of pumpkin muffins and realized that my vanilla is very low. I had the great fortune of receiving a bottle of pure vanilla extract in a swap last year. I have never used this vanilla before,(it was from Mexico, is it all from there?) I was absolutely amazed at the difference in flavour it made to all my baking, especially at Christmas time. Can I ask one of you a favour? PM me???
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Re: Pure vanilla extract

I have friends that go to Mexico every year. That's the only thing I request they bring back for me. LOL

Comment

I get my vanilla from Penzey's.
      A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

Comment

You have to be careful with the vanilla from Mexico, some of it isn't vanilla at all.

Comment

Originally posted by StephanieM View Post
          You have to be careful with the vanilla from Mexico, some of it isn't vanilla at all.

ooohhh, that's kinda scarey!!!!

Comment

Yep, that is why I get mine from Penzeys.
            A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

Comment

I buy mine off of E-bay. Make sure you are dealing with someone with lots of feedback that is positive.

The flavour of the vanilla is intense - yummy

Comment

I Have A Bottle My Parents Brought Back From Texas Last Year. I Haven't Even Tried It Yet As I Had The Imitation Stuff. Maybe I Should Toss The Imitation Stuff.
                SHEL

Comment

Originally posted by Rubelishous View Post
                  I buy mine off of E-bay. Make sure you are dealing with someone with lots of feedback that is positive.

The flavour of the vanilla is intense - yummy
                  I never thought to try e-bay! I will! Thanks for the suggestion Rube.
                  Yes, this vanilla I had was like none other I had tried, I was sooo amazed.

Comment

Why not make your own? I got some on vacation in Mexico and some from Penzys. I am running low on it now and was thinking about refilling the Penzy bottle since it is glass and I happen to have a few vanilla beans I dont quite know what to do with.

Comment

I didn't know that about the vanilla from Mexico Stephanie. Thanks!
                      Mudder, I use my vanilla from Mexico all the time. Just use it as you would vanilla of any other variation. I like the big bottle and quite the savings there when & if you bake a lot.
                      Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pure-Mexican-MOLINA-Vanilla-2-16-oz-bottles-Great-Deal_W0QQitemZ160291715799QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item 160291715799&_trkparms=72%3A1417%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C 240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Here's a link to one of the sellers product. Just make sure that you get one that guarantees no Coumarin.

Watch out for shipping charges as well - they can be ridiculous

Mudderbear - I've sent you a PM
                        Last edited by Rubelishous; 10-15-2008, 03:21 PM.

Comment

read this

http://www.vanilla.com/html/facts-mexican.html

Comment

I bought some meican vanilla and ruined a whole pan of home made brownies. It tasted like I had put a bunch of cinnamon in them-YUCK! No more mexican vanilla only adams pure vanilla.

Comment

Originally posted by AllieK View Post
                              read this

http://www.vanilla.com/html/facts-mexican.html
                              Geez! Thanks Allie! I had no idea that it was so dangerous to your health. That was a very informative read and I appreciate it greatly becaude I have a sensitive liver. From now on, I will stick to the quality brands that I know I can trust...wow! I am still in awe over this!
                              Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Working...
                              X