No announcement yet.

Thursday thoughts......................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday thoughts......................

Good morning all! Spent the afternoon at the hospital with my mom yesterday (actually slept while she did) It looked like a doper's flop house. She finally got awake and I made her sit up and talk to me. She ate a little supper and I called my dad so she could talk to him. She is supposed to be moved to a skilled nursing home for rehab today or Friday. Enough about me, what is going on with everyone?
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Re: Thursday thoughts......................

Good Morning everybody. Cold front was supposed to have come through overnight, if it did, I sure don't notice any difference ?? Rain has stopped.
    Hopefully your Mom will do better in the rehab place, Nommie, I am sure the nurses at the hospital don't have much time to interact with her. Hopefully she will get to the point that she can go back home.
    Not sure what I am going to do today, no lack of projects, that's for sure. SO has a follow up appointment with his doc this afternoon, I probably will go along.
    Hope everybody has a good day and remember it's almost the weekend.

Comment

Just had a scary incident here at work! We were discussing the debate and one lady said "I'm voting for Obama!' Then she said "I just don't know who I want for Vice President!"??????? It is scary to think people like this are voting!
      Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Hi everybody. We've had a very busy few weeks. DH is 'between contracts' so we are taking full advantage of his time at home to clean up a few things--including a huge old weeping birch tree that was dying.

My kitchen is sooooo close to being finished. The backsplash is in and will be grouted today. DH has a very small amount of trim to finish installing and then it will be time to break out the champagne!! I will post a couple of photos (before and after) in a few days.

I am waiting for confirmation that I got a table at an Autumn Craft Fair in Nov. I am very excited because this will be my first fair as a 'vendor' and not a 'buyer'. It is a lot of prep work but I NEED to start selling some of my stuff, not just giving it as gifts.

So, my days, for the foreseable future will be spent--mornings-housework, errands, afternoons-sewing room. And so, off to do laundry and vacuum. Hope you all have a great day.
        Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

I remember when we did our kitchen renovation, I was so happy when it finally was all done. Took weeks to get all the dust cleaned up.
          Good luck at getting a table at your fair Ginger. Hopefully you will sell a lot of your stuff, make money to buy fabric for more projects.

Comment

Hello!
            It's afternoon now, sorry.

Ginger, what sort of things do you make?

Nommie - so sorry about your Mom. As previously said, hopefully she'll do better in the rehab place and get closer one-on-one attention.

Have a great day everyone! Almost Friday...................

Comment

EMail Queen, I do a lot of sewing. I will have large-sized (38"square) receiving blankets with matching bib and burp cloth, coasters, hot pads, placemats in holiday colours, a few crib quilts, crocheted dishcloths, kids' activity bags (book bag with crayons, activity book, pencil and notepad) plus some canning--salsa and chutneys, and I am planning on baking a bunch of quick breads in small loaf pans and maybe some cookies that I would sell in snack-packs.

Looks like I'm gonna be busy....
              Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Working...
              X