Salmon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salmon

Believe it or not, I have never tried salmon besides from the can! I am not really a big fish eater, if I do eat it, I like fish that is on the mild tasting side, I love Talapia for instance. So, I want to make some salmon for dinner, everybody else here says 'we're up for it' Tell me what is your favourite way to prepare salmon. Thanks
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Re: Salmon

You can use canned salmon the same way you use canned tuna. I make salmon cakes quite often. I have a recipe for crab cakes, but instead of crab, I use canned salmon.

Comment

I do love salmon cakes!

Comment

I don't use canned salmon, only fresh. Never tried canned. To make fresh I like to put salmon in a peice of foil and put lemon and fresh dill on it. I close up the foil to make a pouch and throw it in the oven for about 8 minutes. I
        Last edited by Echo; 10-17-2008, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo View Post
          I like to put salmon in a peice of foil and put lemon and fresh dill on it. I close up the foil to make a pouch and throw it in the oven for about 8 minutes.
          You are doing that with canned salmon ? or fresh

Comment

Sweet & Sour Salmon

Sautee one or two onions in a big pot. Add a cup of sugar and cook until brown. Add a little oil if this makes you nervous. This will take 15 minutes or so.

Add four to six slices of salmon. Add 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup vinegar, and three cups water. Add three bay leaves, a tsp salt, and about 6 tablespoons MORE sugar.

Let cook for about 40 minutes. Eat cold. Will stay good for 2 weeks in fridge!
            I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

This is awesome! We make it quite often and serve it with basmati rice or a rice pilaf

Fabulous Fillet of Salmon
              Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:

4 thick salmon fillets, skin removed (about 1 1/2 lbs)
              2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
              1 sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
              1/4 cup all-purpose flour
              4 oz cream Cheese, softened
              1 1/2 cups milk
              Grated rind of 1 lemon
              1 tbsp chopped fresh dill or chives (or 1 tsp dried dill)
              1/2 tsp salt
              1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
              2 tbsp lemon juice

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly butter 13 x 9-inch baking dish.

Place salmon in baking dish, leaving about 1 inch between fillets. Sprinkle carrots and peppers over and around fish.

In bowl, using electric mixer, beat flour and Cream Cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in milk, then lemon rind, dill, salt and pepper. Pour over salmon and vegetables in dish. Bake, uncovered, for about 20 to 30 min. Remove salmon from dish with a pancake flipper; spoon vegetables and sauce over top. Serve sprinkled with lemon juice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is another family favorite

Salmon Fish Cakes (You can use fresh salmon, tuna, crab meat or shrimp)
              6 Servings

1 pkg. (6 oz.) Chicken stuffing mix (like 'Stove Top')
              1/3 cup Real Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
              12 oz Fresh salmon fillet
              1 tsp. Lemon juice
              2 TBSP. Tartar Sauce or 1 cup Mozzarella cheese (I use the tartar sauce)
              1/2 cup Chopped green onion

Bake salmon fillet in a preheated 350* oven for about 20 to 30 minutes or until done, with a tsp. of butter on top. When cooked, cool completely, and shred the salmon.

MIX together stuffing mix with 3/4 cup water, the mayonnaise or Miracle Whip, fish, green onions, and tartar sauce (or mozzarella). Cover and refrigerate for about 10 min.

Shape 1/3 cupfuls of the fish mixture into patties, place on wax paper and refrigerate for 1 hour to prevent fish cakes from falling apart while cooking.

HEAT a large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray or lightly greased, on medium heat. Add fish cakes to skillet in batches.

COOK 3 min. on each side or until golden brown on both sides, turning over very carefully. They break very easily.

Makes: 6 servings, 2 salmon cakes each.
              A friend is one who walks in when others walk out
              ~Walter Winchell

Comment

Grilled

or steamed over onions - put a little EVOO in the bottom of a skillet, layer the bottom with sliced onions, lay the salmon over that, season to your liking, cover and cook on about medium until the salmon is done. I don't turn it and it doesn't take long, depends on the thickness of the salmon. I put a little pat of butter on it and serve it, still on a bed of onions, with lemon.

Or doused in hollandaise sauce. Everything tastes better drowned in hollandaise sauce. LOL

Comment

Baked with a teriaki glaze!! yummmy

Comment

You have me so confused, I just don't what way to try it first! I'll have to poll my family and see what one of these recipes they'd like to try first. Thanks everyone

Comment

I have a great recipe for salmon. Even my ds who doesn't like seafood, liked this recipe.

Herb Crusted Baked Salmon

Serves 4

Preheat oven to 450F.

1 Salmon filet, divided into serving sized pieces
                      2 Tblsp minced garlic
                      2 Tblsp dried thyme
                      2 Tblsp lemon zest
                      1 tsp. salt
                      1 tsp. pepper
                      2-3 Tblsp. olive oil

Mix it all up into a paste. Lay fish skin side down and smear the paste on the fish side. Bake on a non stick baking pan for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes.
                      A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds.

Comment

Working...
                      X