Gravy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravy

Can you freeze gravy? I still have quite a bit left from Thanksgiving dinner and I'd hate to throw it out.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Re: Gravy

I have done it before. It may get watery and you would have to thicken it again. TV dinners like steak and gravy have frozen gravy.
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

I always freeze gravy. Of course I also think of gravy as a beverage rather than a condiment.

Comment

ha you got me there, thought, geez, for a whole year? then remembered that ya'll northernmost chatterers have t-day before we do! where, i was worried there for a minute!

Comment

Originally posted by dottalk View Post
          ha you got me there, thought, geez, for a whole year? then remembered that ya'll northernmost chatterers have t-day before we do! where, i was worried there for a minute!
          LOL, I was thinking the same thing.....

Comment

Wouldn't that be awful?
            Kinda scary to think for a minute that we had let Thanksgiving pass us by.......
            Mudder? Whatcha go & have Thanksgiving without us for? LOL!
            I hope you and our Fellow Canadians ALL had a Lovely Thanksgiving!!!
            Last edited by TexAnn; 10-17-2008, 02:22 PM.
            Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Ha ha... that reminds me of my friend who cooked and served a 1 1/2 year old turkey from her freezer. Even the turkey hot lines were telling her to throw it out! She said it was delicious and no one had a clue how old it was!!
              "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

TG dinner was delish! I cooked a 23 lb beaut for our family of 6. Sent the older boys home with lots of leftovers. Never had so much gravy left before tho', funny, as Rube says we think of it as a beverage more than a condiment also LOL!
                A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Mudderbear, I love freezing the gravy and then make up meatballs, bake them and freeze them also. Then when you need a meal but don't feel like making it, just combine the 2 and put in the oven for a few hours at 325F....don't forget to add mushrooms!
                  Then we serve it over our favorite pasta.

Comment

I always give extra gravy and thanksgiving leftovers to the dogs, that we don't eat. I just throw everything in a big pot and heat it up and pour it over dry dog food, its gone in 10 mins....lol (4 dogs)
                    "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Comment

Working...
                    X