Soup Bones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soup Bones?

When I Picked Up My Beef Yesterday I Had Asked For Soup Bones. Well They Gave Me Soup Bones, But They Are Not Individually Wrapped. I Got A Big Bag Of Bones. Do You Think I Can Boil The Chunck Bones, Take Off The Meat And Then Freeze The Broth For Furture Soup Use?
    SHEL

Re: Soup Bones?

Sure you can. You can also wrap the bones or put in freezer bags and freeze them and use later. I would roast the bones first as browning them in the oven with some seasoning on them will add a lot more flavor and give you a richer, darker broth. I love homemade soup and it is getting colder now so I am thinking of making some myself.
    What kind will you make?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

We Like Beef Noodle, Beef Veggie And Beef Barley.

I Was Really Disappointed That I Got A Big Clump Of Frozen Bones.

Thanks For The Idea. I Like The Idea Of Putting The Bones In The Oven And Roasting Them. If They Weren't Frozen In A Clump I Wouldn't Worry About Them And Use As I Needed Them.
      SHEL

Comment

Don't laugh, but couldn't you 'throw' the bag onto a concrete sidewalk and break them apart that way and then freeze in smaller portions? I love concrete. That's often the way I crack a coconut.

Comment

Originally posted by mew View Post
          Don't laugh, but couldn't you 'throw' the bag onto a concrete sidewalk and break them apart that way and then freeze in smaller portions? I love concrete. That's often the way I crack a coconut.
          KINDA LIKE WHEN YOU GET A BAG OF ICE AND YOU WANT TO PUT IT INTO A COOLER. YES I WILL TRY THAT. I WOULD LOVE TO NOT HAVE TO COOK THESE ALL AT ONCE. THANKS FOR THE IDEA. SEE THAT IS WHY I ASKED YOU GUYS.
          SHEL

Comment

LOL! good ol' concrete!
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

AND TO BREAKUP THAT SOLID BAG OF ICE! LOL
              "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

If you do not break them apart, thaw, roast and then refreeze. That will work just fine. Use as you want then.
                Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                He drew a circle that shut me out.
                But love and I had the wit to win,
                We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Thats how I do it! I get a whole big pile of beef bones, onions, celery, carrots, and roast the whole works. They I boil the whole works, season and freeze in 1 gallon ziplock bags. Then whenever I want to make soup, I just grab a bag of my home-made beef broth. YUM!

I figure I have the freezer space, and it takes the same amount of time to roast and boil 1 gallon or many(yeah I have some very large stock pots).

Comment

Originally posted by livetobake View Post
                    Sure you can. You can also wrap the bones or put in freezer bags and freeze them and use later. I would roast the bones first as browning them in the oven with some seasoning on them will add a lot more flavor and give you a richer, darker broth. I love homemade soup and it is getting colder now so I am thinking of making some myself.
                    I do this for my dogs, sometimes buying beef short ribs because they are cheaper than actual marrow bones. I rarely see soup bones any more. Anyhow, I freeze the broth in ice cube trays and take a few out at a time to use on their dog food. And when it's hot in the summer, I give them a cube or two to push around on the floor for a treat. They love it!

Comment

this worked i got them broke apart, thanks for the idea.
                      SHEL

Comment

I occassionally go to my local Honey Baked Ham store & buy ham bones to make split pea soup.....................YUMMMMM!

Comment

Originally posted by BJinTexas View Post
                          I occassionally go to my local Honey Baked Ham store & buy ham bones to make split pea soup.....................YUMMMMM!
                          hmmm, that sounds yummy. with this cooler weather it makes me want soup.
                          SHEL

Comment

Working...
                          X