Halloween help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween help!

Instead of taking my kids out trick-or treating this year, I told them that they could have some friends over for a sleep over. Haley, my DD, is 11 and Hayden, my DS is 8. Haley is having a few girls over and Hayden is also having a friend over. This is what I've come up with so far!

Pizza, chips, soda and monster mix(chex mix, mini marshmallows, candy corn and m&m's).

I also have some halloween games and movies(goosebumps) for them. I was thinking of ghost stories too, but I need some for their age. That's where I need the help!! Any ideas?

I'm also buying plastic pumpkins to fill with goodies since we're not doing the trick-or treating thing.

Re: Halloween help!

We turned the basement into a haunted room. Borrowed a black light. Bought dry ice at the grocery store. Hung fake skeletons and spiders etc from the ceiling.

Comment

Go to http://familyfun.go.com/ It's a mag by Disney we get at work monthly. Has great ideas.

Comment

Oh you could have a Safari Hunt!!! Have the kids round up all their stuffed animals. Big and small. Kids stay in one room while you plant the stuffies around the house. Peeking out of places, hanging from ceiling fans ect. Then take the kids either one at a time (so they can each find the animals and no one spoiles it for them) or all togeter around the house with a flashlight. Your the Safari guide and they "hunt" with the flashlight. It is great fun.

Huffle
        God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

That sounds like a fun game, Huffle. My boys always loved flashlight tag. You have to get a black light, they are soooo cool. You can get the lightbulbs just about any place for less than $5. The kids could dance, I'm thinking the girls would like that. How about buying some 6 packs of mens/boys hanes t-shirts and letting the kids all decorate a shirt. Or they could even paint small pumpkins and then take them home with them. Don't forget to make the graveyard dessert, kinda like the dirt cake but with cookies as headstones, I'm sure the recipe is still on the jello website. You could also do those plastic gloves filled with popcorn, that's always a hit. The ghost stories is a tough one, you don't want to be running kids home or calling parents! Maybe you could start the story and then go around the room and each kids adds their own line so it would only be as scarey as they make it.

Comment

I remember a cub scout party where you are blind folded then you put your hand into a bowl of grapes and told it was eye balls, cooked spaghetti, told it was intestines, etc. Another thing is to bob for apples, have towels available.

Comment

smore's make smores!! Any reason to make smores is a good one

Comment

I'd do cobweb confusion with those pumpkin goody baskets. Hide the baskets in the same vicinity, tie a black or orange piece of yarn to each, then go wild with that yarn. Go all over the room, in and around objects and other yarn strands, high, low, all over, making a complex "web". Tape the end of each string to a bannister or something. Then all the kids have to unwind the web, leading them to the pumpkin baskets.

But, you asked for ghost stories, not games. I'm sorry I don't have any. GOOGLE! You'll find some that way.

Comment

I stumbled on this website today. It has some stories and links to other sites that have stories.

http://www.goblinville.com/pages/writings/real-stories/story-intro.htm

Huffle
                  God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by dragun6 View Post
                    smore's make smores!! Any reason to make smores is a good one
                    ditto that!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X