Update on my friend Rebecca...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my friend Rebecca...

Last update I think I told you that she had gone in for a CT Scan to see if the tumors had shrunk. They had not. So, she signed up for a Clinical Trial. She was not accepted. When she told me that her stage 4 lung cancer had metestasized, I just assumed the tumors had found their way outside of her lung. I didn't ask her where they had spread. They had spread to her liver. But, evidently, they were not large enough for her to qualify for the clinical trial. She started another round of Chemo yesterday. I talk to her every day. The last few conversations, I have been a little worried about this cough she has developed. Never heard her cough before. She says she feels good though...But, she stops and coughs about every 3 minutes or so....

Can I ask for continued prayers? I am really worried about her...

When I think of the diagnosis from June - 3-6 months to live. Then, I realize it is already October...I pray so hard that all the radical chemo and radiation she has already undergone, will drastically alter that timeline....

She is ONLY 39 YEARS OLD, FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!
    Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Re: Update on my friend Rebecca...

Thank You for the update Lauren I had been thinking about her and you last week. So sorry its not any better, prayers are still being sent. God Bless her her family and you.
    Hugs,
    food gal

Comment

I'm so sorry she wasn't accepted for the trial Lauren. It doesn't seem fair. I will keep her in my prayers.
      Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

{{{{Lauren}}}} Of course prayers are going your way.. So sorry to hear of this sad news...

Comment

Not good news to hear.

What does make me feel good is that she has a great friend in you, Lauren. That is much stronger than any medicene available.

I really wish I could hug you for the support and love that you are giving her.

Comment

Oh Lauren I am so sorry to hear about this. She will definatly be in my thoughts and prayers. My mom died from lung cancer in Dec of 2000. It is a long hard road. Wow.

Huffle
            God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

I am so sorry that things aren't better Lauren!
              (((((May God Bless You and Rebecca.))))))
              You have been blessed with having each other! A true gift indeed.
              Prayers are being sent your way Dear Friend.
              Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Lauren, I am so sorry to hear about your friend Rebecca. I certainly know what she is going through. I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer in 2004 and have been undergoing some form of treatment since.

I'm not sure what her current treatment is, but just be aware that some types of chemo can cause a cough. It is always best to notify your treating physician if any unusual symptoms arise.

I will keep her in my prayers.

Comment

Lauren, I'm so sorry to hear about Rebecca. I also have a friend who is now in the terminal stage of colon cancer that metastasized to her lungs. She was accepted into a clinical trial, but it didn't help her. I will keep you both in my prayers. (((Rebecca and Lauren))).

Comment

Working...
                  X