Rotator cuff woes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotator cuff woes??

I'm thinking that's what it is going on w/ my right shoulder. Had tendonitis in my left shoulder years ago that needed a few injections of steroids and ended w/ a completely frozen shoulder that required a closed manipulation and physical therapy to make it mobile again (translation... they knocked me out and wrenched the heck out of my shoulder... OUCH!!!).

Can tendonitis last for months? This right shoulder's been achey for months... certain moves just kill me! Sometimes I wake up w/ my arm up and under my pillow and it's several minutes before I can MOVE it, it aches so badly!

Gonna call the orthopedist today... I guess it'll be another couple of months before I know cause that's how long it'll take to get an appt!!
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Re: Rotator cuff woes??

I have solved the problem of getting a dr's appt. I call my family doctor and have them make the appt.
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Luvs, I went thru this a year ago and had to have it operated on. Best thing I did. I have full movement...well 98% anyways. I was so scared that I would not able to lift my arm or put it behind my back again. Well now I can do both.

Best of luck to you.
      "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

I can't even BELIEVE that I got an appointment for TOMORROW and it's AFTER work!!!

Comment

Obviously someone cancelled their appointment and you were the first person who asked for it. DH goofed up his rotator cuff, I know he had to have alot of therapy. good luck!

Comment

We have a client who recently had this surgery.
            She had put it off for a couple of years - had been in soooo much pain.
            Always looking out for everyone else and putting herself last.
            Well, insurance is about to change, and it was recommended to her that she just do it and get it over with.
            And she did!!!
            She is just tickled to death to get this over with and said for the first time in years she has no pain in her shoulder! She said she can't wait to run out and shoot some hoops! But doctor has given her time and physical therapy first. She is 52 years old and said she feels like she's back in high school playing BasketBall! Ha!

She wishes she had done it sooner.

I sure hope your experience works out that well! And that your pain is soon gone!

Comment

And why does this pain always affect hooking my bra??? When I had tendonitis and then a frozen shoulder years ago... I knew I was cured when I could again hook my bra behind my back.

When I broke my wrist last December... I did my exercises failthfully after getting the cast off and considered myself cured when I could again hook my bra!

I'm at the point now where hooking it really hurts... that's just one of the many movements that hurts it, but it's a (almost... ha) daily one!!

I also wanna do this BEFORE my new yearly deductible comes up in January!

Comment

I'm just getting over rotator cuff problems. I don't know if mine was torn or not as I didn't have the MRI, just Xrays. I also have a bone spur in my shoulder. Big ouch.
                The orthopedic Dr. gave me a cortisone shot and I did therapy for a month and a half and it feels much better..now I can raise my arm above my shoulder. I still can't sleep on that side, though, and now my hip is hurting since I've been sleeping on the opposite side all the time. Old age ain't for wimps!
                I hope you can get through with just the therapy and will be pain free soon! Good luck!!

Comment

Chick - that should be a slogan - - or on a T-Shirt:

"OLD AGE AIN'T FOR WIMPS"

Because truthfully as we get older and older - we deal with SO MANY things and have to keep going regardless!
                  That is a good one.

Luvs - you should schedule your surgery so that you can be off all week during Thanksgiving week. That's what I did (my surgery, not RC surgery). And I supervised Thanksgiving Dinner from the dining room table - and it turned out great. And I had a whole week to recover.

Just a thought. As that will probably be the most "time off" you might be able to schedule before end of year - and without interferring with Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                  X