Menopause?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menopause?

Anyone out there tried any home remedies or the over-the counter type products to relieve their menopause symptoms?
    I have heard that the Chinese do not suffer as badly as we do because soy is very good for menopause.
    Would appreciate any ideas or experiences that you have had in this area.
    TIA!
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Re: Menopause?

I think I tried them all at one time or another, and it just didn't work for me. Noticed no difference. The only thing that worked 100 % for me was hormone replacement therapy. I took those little happy pills for almost 10 years, then I had to get off them, not a happy time for me. Thankfully on ( female ) doc gave me Lexapro and that has helped a lot, but I still do at time have some hot flashes, especially in the summer. Mostly at night.

Comment

It does end eventually, or at least get better, then you don't care, just so you don't have the blasted hot flashes so much. I took some over the counter menapause relief pills I would get at Walgreens, sorry don't know the name. They helped some.

Comment

Just Remember, Just Because It Says It's "natural" Or "organic" Doesn't Mean It Is Good For You.

Comment

I've been in "peri-menopause" (sp) for over 10 years and I'm friggin' sick to death of it. I'm depressed all the time, cry at the drop of a hat, bleed to death for up to 10 days a month, wake up all night long, every night, with all my bedding just soaked in sweat. If I'm going through "the change", just get it over with already!
          grrrrrr

Comment

I've had some luck with the black cohosh over the counter herb.

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
              Just Remember, Just Because It Says It's "natural" Or "organic" Doesn't Mean It Is Good For You.
              Have to agree with you, NU.

Been dealing with this for 8 years-took prescribe med-for a short time-took Over the counter for a short time- Have come to conclusion-I have to control myself- But no fun on hot flashes!!! Just have to deal with it -without putting any foreign substances in your body-
              Has worked best for me. Not "easy" -need no more chemicals in body. IMO

Comment

It's been 10yrs ago and still have hot flashes at night, live in Az. so I think it's that or just plain hot. I never took anything, DH begged me to go to Dr. during those mood swing times. It's hard, you hate people & love them too at the same time, I cried for no reason, my G/f's sister took some type of hormone she got cancer and died. Then I got so scared. Thinking it was the meds. I really don't know but stuck it out. Wow what a b**ch I was. When does it end?? How many yrs. does it take, I still get hot at night. So funny I lived in Denver & winter, the snow was coming down so bad & I always had my bedroom window opened to get cool, DH almost froze, kept saying when is this going to be over with? HA HA HA What he did for me at those times was so funny.

Comment

My DH used to say I was having a power surge. I could be watching tv with all the covers on and nightgown and robe, then as soon as I was ready for bed, crawled under the covers and tryed to go to sleep, I would get a hot flash, then would jump out of bed and start shedding nightgown and drinking water.At work, I would have a sweater on, then take it off, get cold, put it back on, etc etc.

Comment

Okay... I gotta ask... when did these hot flashes really come on full force?? I ask cause I'm officially menopausal... no period for more than a year... and had hot flashes occasionally during that year... but they're rare now. I'm never cold and want lower temps in the house... but do I still have big hot flashes and night sweats to LOOK FORWARD to? Or would I be having them already??
                    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I don't have an answer for you. I had a hysterectomy and was put on HRT the very next day. Took the hormones for almost 10 years and then had to get off them for medical reasons. The hot flashes started within a day or two being of the pills.
                      But not everybody gets hot flashes, my g/f had just a couple of hot flashes and that was it. She had no problems whatsoever, no mood swings, nothing. So you maybe you are one of the lucky ones.

Comment

I dread it.
                        Sometimes I'm already moody as it is! HA!
                        My poor DH won't be able to stand it.
                        Maybe that'll be a good time for him and DS to take up going on weekend fishing trips!

Comment

My hot flashes are at a mild stage compared to when they first started.
                          My Mood Swings & Emotions are just CRAZY!!!!!!!!
                          I know I will survive this, but cripes, I thought that it would be great to not have a period! But to tell you the truth...going solo with this is definitely for the birds...I think I would rather have the periods...
                          Doctor doesn't want me to do the hormones because of the risk to my heart.
                          Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I don't have periods anymore - thank God.
                            Had ablation surgery almost 2 years ago.
                            Horrible, HORRIBLE periods led to that - as alternative before having Hysterectomy.

But I know Menopause is coming........have had a hot flash here & there, and some mood swings (more than normal) - discussed being perimenopausal - but not quite there yet - just experiencing some symptoms as was said.

But I am dreading it - especially after reading what you all are going through.
                            I remember my poor Mom going through it - and while raising 3 teenagers at one time and another younger child. Bless her. I don't know how she did it!

Comment

I've Been Having Alot Of Hot Flashes Lately, But I'm Still Having Periods.
                              The Doc's Quit Prescribing Premarin For A Long Time Because Of "studies" That Came Out About It And Heart Disease. Which Proved False. Or Not At "bad" As They Portrayed It. But It Does Increase Your Risk Of Certain Types Of Cancer. My Doc Prescribes Estradiol, Or Estropipate, They Are Safer To Take Than The Conjugated Homones (premarin).

Antidepressants Can Also Help Hot Flashes.

Comment

Working...
                              X