Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's your favorite cold chip dip?

I am looking for a "WOW" factor dip.

for a chip or a cracker, one you dip the chip in.
    not the cream cheese block with something poured over it, and not one that has to be hot.

i thought of BLT dip, all the others I looked up were cheese balls, and ones that have to be hot....

what'cha got?
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: what's your favorite cold chip dip?

I LOVE THE ONE I GET FROM PENZEY'S
    Chip & Dip Seasoning
    Delicious, creamy flavor, perfect for crunchy chips and crisp veggies. Set it out and watch it become the life of the party. Mix 2 teaspoons Chip & Dip Seasoning in 1 Cup sour cream. Try it with light sour cream or a mix of yogurt and sour cream. For the strongest flavor, refrigerate an hour before serving. Handmixed from: Dehydrated vegetables (onion, red and green bell peppers), lactose, salt, hydrolyzed soy protein, Horseradish Powder, sugar, Garlic Powder, Parsley, Black Pepper, Paprika, Turmeric, Spice Extracts, Citric Acid.

EVERYONE WHO HAS TASTED IT LOVE IT ALSO. WISH I KNEW HOW TO MAKE IT WITHOUT BUYING IT FROM THERE. IT'S REASONABLY PRICED AND A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY.

Comment

Never met a dip I didn't like. Now you've got me craving some...

Knorr Vegetable dip
      French Onion soup dip
      Dill dip
      Ranch dip
      Spinach dip
      Clam dip (wish I could find a good recipe for this...)

I use all of these as a dip for chips, vegetables and as a sandwich spread.

Comment

I've never met ANYONE who couldn't keep away from this dip...my husband doesn't care for black olives so I leave those out if he's going to be eating it....but this dip is GREAT! Definitely a WOW at parties! I serve it with tortilla chips and veggies.

7 Layer Taco Dip

1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
        1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
        1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
        1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
        1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
        1 large tomato, chopped
        1 green bell pepper, chopped
        1 bunch chopped green onions
        1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
        1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
        2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS
        In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and refried beans. Spread the mixture onto a large serving platter.
        Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Spread over the refried beans.
        Top the layers with salsa. Place a layer of tomato, green bell pepper, green onions and lettuce over the salsa, and top with Cheddar cheese. Garnish with black olives.

Comment

This is very good..makes alot. Make ahead and refrigerate it...take it out early and let set a bit...so it gets kinda room temp.

Bar Cheese

Recipe By :Love All Recipes
          Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
          Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
          -------- ------------ --------------------------------
          1 pound Velveta cheese -- cut into chunks
          5 ounces horseradish
          1/2 cup Hellmans Mayonise
          few shakes Worcestershire sauce

Melt cheese in double broiler. Take horseradish and add to cheese. Add mayonise and a couple shakes Worcester sauce. Keeps well. Serve with crackers, mini breads...etc...
          I now do this in the microwave.

Comment

that reminds me of this one. Not everyone likes bleu cheese. I love it!!

Caramelized Shallots and Blue Cheese Dip

1 TBSP. vegetable oil
            1-1/4 cups shallots, sliced
            3/4 cups mayo
            3/4 cup sour cream
            4 oz. blue cheese. room temp
            salt and pepper to taste

Heat oil in saucepan over med-low heat. Add shallots. Cover and cook until shallots are deep golden brown, stirring occationally, about 20 minutes. Cool. Whisk together mayo, and sour cream in bowl and blend. Add blue cheese. Using rubber spatula, mash the mixture until smooth. Stir in carmalized shallots. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refridgerate until flavors blend, about 2 hours. Serve cold or at room temp.

Comment

My first thought was the Knorrs spinach dip too. Alot of people hollow-out a round loaf of sourdough / french bread and put the dip in the hollowed-out bread and serve the bread piece and additional crackers along side.

I have found some dip blends that have become my favorite. I don't know when you need the dip, but check out the site:
              http://www.cottonwoodmercantile.com/windandwillow/dipmixes.html
              I've had them all & love each one for obviously different reasons. The Bacon Horseradish is one of my fav's.

Comment

anyone ever make/eat "pumpkin dip"

what was best to eat it with? ginger snaps? sugar cookies? graham crackers?
                I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Hi.Love blue cheese..putting this on top my list to make..for me!!! Since as you said..not many like blue cheese..thanks..love all recipes

Comment

This is more of a spread - or Cheese Ball type - whichever you decide.......but it definitely has that "WOW" factor you seek. It is SO incredibly good! Always is requested at every family gathering and every office party!

HOLIDAY HAM CHEESEBALL

2 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
                    4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
                    4 oz. canned deviled ham
                    1 can diced green chiles
                    l bunch green onions, chopped, (green part only)
                    1 tablespoon hot sauce
                    teaspoon cayenne pepper
                    1 cup chopped pecans

Mix first seven ingredients together. Wrap in saran wrap to form a ball.
                    Refrigerate over night. Roll in chopped pecans and serve with crackers & veggies.

Comment

no one has mentioned CK's famous Crap dip.

Comment

I'm w/ AngID... never met a dip I didn't like. Babe's fave is the good old onion dip made w/ sour cream and onion soup.
                        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

[QUOTE=luvs2eat;284296]I'm w/ AngID... never met a dip I didn't like. QUOTE]

YOU HAVEN'T MET MY HUSBAND!!! LOL

Comment

This one is really pretty too!

LAYERED SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND BASIL SPREAD
                            Southern Living

Prep: 25 min., Chill: 8 hrs. Make this recipe up to 3 days before the party.

Yield
                            Makes 20 servings

Ingredients
                            2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
                            3/4 cup butter, softened
                            1 teaspoon salt, divided
                            1/4 teaspoon pepper
                            1 1/3 cups sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
                            2 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened and divided
                            1/3 cup tomato paste
                            4 garlic cloves, chopped
                            1 1/2 cups firmly packed fresh basil
                            1/4 cup pine nuts
                            2 tablespoons olive oil
                            2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
                            1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
                            Vegetable cooking spray
                            Garnishes: fresh rosemary sprigs, sun-dried tomatoes
                            Crackers or baguette slices
                            Preparation

Beat 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Set aside.

Process dried tomatoes in a food processor until chopped. Add 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, tomato paste, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Spoon into a bowl, and set aside. Wipe container of food processor clean.

Process garlic and next 4 ingredients in food processor until chopped. Add Parmesan cheese, remaining 3-ounce package cream cheese, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; pulse just until blended, stopping to scrape down sides.

Spray a 6-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup butter mixture evenly on bottom of springform pan. Layer with half of tomato mixture, 1/2 cup butter mixture, and half of basil mixture; top with 1/2 cup butter mixture. Repeat layers with remaining tomato mixture, 1/2 cup butter mixture, and remaining basil mixture. Top with remaining butter mixture. Cover with plastic wrap; chill at least 8 hours.

Run a knife gently around edge of pan to loosen sides. Remove sides of pan; carefully remove bottom of pan, and place layered spread on a serving tray. Garnish, if desired. Serve with crackers or baguette slices.

Note: I didn't use a springform pan, just used a regular bowl. It worked fine!
                            :0
                            You can use store-bought prepared Pesto instead of making the Basil layer, that is also what I did.

Comment

I have a recipe similar to EmailQueen's recipe. Sundried tomato dip recipe by Giada de Laurentiis. One of my families favorite.

The recipe is posted in recipe archives / appetizers

Comment

Working...
                              X