The orthopedist has spoken!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The orthopedist has spoken!

I have a partially torn rotator cuff (he thinks) and definitely a small calcium deposit on my right shoulder... been ignoring it since July (why do they look at you so funny when you tell them you thought it would go away???) and I have a series of exercises to do 3X/day to keep it open and limber, which I'll attack as hard as I have brushing w/ my special toothbrush and embracing dental floss...

How'd it happen? Who knows! But I told Babe the doc is pretty sure it's from doing chores in the yard... he's not buying it... go figure.

He looked thru my chart and turned to the student(?) in the room and said, "Ah yes... this is the lady who broke her wrist by dancing at her office Christmas party last Dec."

Don't get old... stuff starts breaking and people make fun of you...
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Re: The orthopedist has spoken!

((((((((Luvs))))))) I don't know what some Docs are thinking. Its all mundane for them and very real for you.

Hope you get this fixed very soon.
    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

At least now you know what is wrong and have a plan of action to take care of it.
      SO had a frozen shoulder years ago and had to have PT for several month, it took forever to clear up, very painful. What finally did the trick for him was swimming every day, that helped more then anything else.
      Yes, it sucks to get old.

Comment

Bless you Luvs!

Be sure to pop right back to your doctor with even more humor than he TRIED to throw out with the broken wrist crack (pun intended)!! HA!

Also - maybe ask them about using an ointment that will help relieve the muscle aches.

That was funny about your honey not buying the yard work reason.......ha! Nice try though.

Hope you feel better!!!!!!!

Don't overdo it though - you CAN injure it more so be careful!

Comment

Well, good luck. Both my sons have had shoulder surgeries, (both played college football). Yes, about that getting old stuff...the other day I said "You know...I don't have colds as often anymore, and I don't have those awful headaches I used to get (hormonal I think), but my knee hurts and my back hurts....all this old age stuff."

Comment

OK, those exercises are going to hurt at first, but do them!! They really do help. Even though my shoulder feels much better I still do them. (Not 3X a day, though)
            If you have decent insurance you might ask your ortho Dr. about writing an order for a TENS unit. Sometimes insurance will cover to rent one for a couple of months and your Dr. can show you how to use it. That really helped my shoulder, too. Good luck!! Do the exercises!! ((((hugs))))

Comment

Originally posted by luvs2eat View Post
              Ibeen ignoring it since July (why do they look at you so funny when you tell them you thought it would go away???)
              I guess it is the same Look we give them when they tell us there going to do nothing about the problem it should resolve on it's own!!!
              Do your exercises they realy do help for those injuries and sometimes they can help put off surgery for months if not years.

Huffle
              God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Actually, the exercises make it feel BETTER... (for ex., bending at the waist and swinging my hanging arm in a clockwise circle) ... like it's opening up or something. I'm not to add weights yet, but I can see that the weights will make it feel even better... and hopefully will help me to gain some strength back!
                "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I GOT IT! I GOT IT!
                  I know how you injured your shoulder!!!!!!!!!!!

You did a hopping, flying-across-the-room trapeze act with your Babe in the bedroom - and you landed wrong!!!!!!!!!

Ah -HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW WE KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell that smirky doc THAT the next time you see him!!!!!! Bet he won't forget you!!!!!!!!!!

Just had to add my 2 cents worth in there! Hee ! Hee!
                  EMQ

Comment

Working...
                  X