X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Pay $10 For Gallon Of Gas, Milk

French Pay $10 For Gallon Of Gas, Milk
    Many Common Household Items Cost More In France

Two everyday liquids peaked at prices over $4 a gallon this summer and American consumers groaned, but it's still less than half of what the French pay.

Both milk and gasoline saw prices north of $4 before falling back this fall. Last week, French consumers were paying the equivalent of $9.33 per gallon for unleaded regular gas and $8.44 per gallon of milk.

Overall, French consumers pay more for services, too. Minus milk, residents of the two countries about break even at the grocery store.

The slideshow at right adds up the differences, using the Oct. 17 conversion rate reported by CNN.money.com of $1.34 per euro. The shopping was done at several French markets and a butcher shop, and U.S. shopping was done at a discount retailer.

Re: French Pay $10 For Gallon Of Gas, Milk

Gasoline prices have always been much higher in countries like France and Germany, that is nothing new. Their cars, for the most part, are also much smaller then our american cars, so use less gasoline.
    Not everybody drives or owns a car in Europe. Public transportation systems in Europe are wonderful, you don't need a car. You really can't compare.

Comment

i tried to reply to this thread earlier.
      I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
        i tried to reply to this thread earlier.
        OK, what were you going to post ?

Comment

Working...
        X