What to wear to job interviews??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to wear to job interviews??

What do you usually wear to job interviews??
    I usually wear a blouse and black slacks. I'm thinking I need to change it up some.
    Maybe a long skirt or something. You got a set outfit that you wear?

Re: What to wear to job interviews??

I wore a suit, hose and heels. Conservative.

Comment

That's it Sabine - clean, pressed and pet hair free

Comment

If You Have A Nice Body, I'd Try A Thong, String Bikini Top, Pumps With Stilleto Heels, Fishnet Stockings Wouldn't Be Too Bad.. Dangly Earrings. Make Sure To Get A New Tattoo. Bring All Your Kids Also, So That Way They Know You Need The Money To Help Support Them.

I Hope You Know I'm Kidding! Lol
        "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Although - once again - Nu cracks me up - I'd go with Conservative as Sabine & Rube said.
          Doesn't matter if it's pants or skirt, just pro it up and try not to be nervous.

Or - you can tell them to get on CK and we can tell them how wonderful you are!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=nuisance;284922]If You Have A Nice Body, I'd Try A Thong, String Bikini Top, Pumps With Stilleto Heels, Fishnet Stockings Wouldn't Be Too Bad.. Dangly Earrings. Make Sure To Get A New Tattoo. Bring All Your Kids Also, So That Way They Know You Need The Money To Help Support Them.

You are too much Sis! A day without you is a day without sunshine that's a fact! Love Ya Sis!!! LOL!!!

I Hope You Know I'm Kidding! Lol[/QUOTE
            Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

depends on the job.

if you are applying for a job as a waitress at a bar then i don't suggest the suit hose and heels.

if you are applying for an office job then go consertive.

make sure you are not smacking on any gum during the interview.
              * Dh interviewed a guy for a job earlier this week, smacked on gum the entire time, he is having a hard time finding peeps to employ*
              I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

as a secretary i always wore a plain suit and pearl earrings, but these day anything goes but jeans it sounds like.

dd,. dental assistant, wore a dress or skirt and blouse, but i don' t think she had to.
                I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

a dental assistant shoudl wear office apparel, or church clothes.
                  a dress, or a skirt and blouse. yes.

my husband is interviewing for several new jobs, new secretary's as well.
                  he has a secretary apply in jeans and a tshirt .
                  I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I'm old school, if applying for an office job I'd wear like a pants suit outfit, but definitely something with a jacket and nice shoes, not tennis shoes. But it really all depends on the job you're interviewing for. Don't think my idea would go over really good if you were applying at Hooters.

Comment

skirt, hose, button down dress shirt, and wear your hair up

thats what a recruiter told me anyhow and when i did i got the job

Comment

skirt, hose, button down dress shirt, and wear your hair up

thats what a recruiter told me anyhow and when i did i got the job

Comment

Rule of thumb... you always dress a notch better than what you wear on the job. Nu, I've interviewed a few in my ancient history .. and, yes, there are some out there who would and did wear some outrageous outfits. Of course, the children were always a nice touch. Yes, it did happen. Back to the question, neat and clean always is the best. Just remember, if the person interviewing has experience (and many do not), they will be looking at your experience and how you fit the requirements of the opening and NOT what you are wearing. Good luck..and knock them dead! .

Comment

I do believe that people interviewing look at how you're dressed - because that is their first impression of you.

Having interviewed a LOT of people in my old age (ha!) - if someone showed up in jeans and T-shirt for an office job - I'd tell them to turn around and not bother to come back.

On the other hand - as said - depends on what you're applying for.

I WISH - WISH - WISH I COULD apply at Hooter's to be a Hooter's Girl!!!!!! Whoo! Hoo!
                            I would SO go in their strutting my stuff!!!!!!!! Hee! Hee!

My DD#1 has a friend that worked her way through college by being a Hooter's Girl - and she easily lived on her tips! She was georgeous!!!!!!!!

Anyway - my attention span of a knat again - for any office job - you're always safe if you dress like you're going to church.

Comment

Working...
                            X