• Show
Clear All

• "Traditional" Thanksgiving dishes that

make you just go *blech*

Sweet potatoes
    Green bean casserole

I made them every year, but ... ick

Re: "Traditional" Thanksgiving dishes that

Ditto to the green bean casserole. I make it because everybody loves it and wants it, but I don't eat it. There is just something about canned mushroom soup that I don't like.

Comment

Double ditto on the green bean casserole.

Comment

I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING. BY THE WAY I LOVE GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE! I DO PUT MORE FRENCH FRIED ONIONS IN IT AND ON IT THAN IT CALLS FOR THOUGH. AND NO MILK, MAKE IT TOO RUNNY

Comment

so straight mushroom soup you are a brave woman

Comment

I love everything even Green bean casserole except maybe creamed onions. Of course our sweet potatoes are a sweet potato souffle with a pecan brown sugar topping.

Comment

I like it all!
              Not everybody likes it but I make it anyway!
              When in-laws are here, bake plain old Sweet Potatoes because they love them that way! And I do too!

Everything else I love!

Comment

Originally posted by jackibowen View Post
                our sweet potatoes are a sweet potato souffle with a pecan brown sugar topping.

Um..... I would really dearly love this recipe.....

pretty please?

Comment

Divegirl, I make Pecan Prailine Sweet Potatoes at Thanksgiving and the recipe is usually on the Yam can....
                  Its very good too.
                  Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I have a great recipe for the same one..........I'll post it over in Tried & True sometime tomorrow........they're probably about the same and yummy!!!!

Comment

Excellent! thankee.

Comment

oh yes the sweet potato casserole with the brown sugar pecan crumble topping oh yea.
                        i cannot stand the one with the marshmellow topping... won't touch it.

however i do have surprise sweet potato balls in the freezer, cannot wait to try them, they have a marshmellow in the middle.

i do not touch bread stuffing. it has a funk herb in it that i do not eat.
                        i grew up on a certain corn bread dressing and that is what i make. no poultry seasoning and NO sage EEKK

otherwise, since i am the only one cooking thxgiving dinner, then i love all of it. no fuss here.
                        I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

The sweet potato casserole with brown sugar, pecan topping is a must at our table.

Comment

We don't eat sweet potatoes/yams of ANY KIND!! Mince meat pie is a "no no" as well. I make my green-bean casserole with cream of celery soup because my family doesn't like it with mushroom soup.
                            "WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Comment

I am in the hate Green bean casserole thing. Yuckers!!!

Huffle
                              God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X