Disappointed in Taste of Home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointed in Taste of Home?

Who all subscribes to Taste of Home? Whether it's just Taste of Home, Simple and Delicious, Cooking Light, Cooking for Two...I used to LOVE these magazines! I looked forward to them coming in the mail every month!

However lately, they come and there is only two or three recipes in the whole magazine that want to try....I used to want to try them all! And now they're allowing advertising in the magainze...which they used to pride themselves on not having to do.

Then yesterday they sent a letter saying...our postage cost are going up...can you help us by renewing your subscription for the next two years? Feel sorry for us...oh ya and by the way we're coming out with a new Taste of Home Holiday Magazine...do you want to subscribe to that one too?

I don't know if it's just me....or if they just aren't as good as they used to be....??

Re: Disappointed in Taste of Home?

i have had that, taken a break, then gone back. you might try that.
    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

Since they were purchased by Readers Digestr, the mags have definitely gone down hill. They are definitely not worth it--I look for them at second hand stores or the library.
      Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

I did not renew my subscription to Taste of Home ... any of their mags

Comment

I renewed mine finally, I kept getting the renewals with no special price on it, then I got one that if I renewed my subscription I would get 2 other 1 year subscriptions to the same magazine for free, so I had them sent to 2 of my sons. I keep all the old ones and flip thru them looking for ideas every so often.

Comment

but you can get tired of any magazine. after a while, they start to repeat themselves.
            I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

And They're Getting Alot Of Ads, Which They Use To Pride Themselves On, No Ads. I Agree With You Gess.

Comment

Yes, I used to love Taste of Home and Quick Cooking, but when they changed them I lost interest real quick. Too bad really.

Comment

My Mom gave me a year's subscription as a B-Day gift last year.........when it runs out.....I am not renewing................

Comment

I dropped it awhile back. It seemed that it was same ol-same ol. Recipes for things I didnt need a recipe for- I started getting Cooks Illustrated and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. My mom and dad read it cover to cover whenever they are here!

Comment

I started subscribing to Quick Cooking the first year they started publishing. Then when they changed the name the look, I did not renew. Once in a while I'll look at them at the book store, but I rarely buy. The recipes do not interest me. I have lots of their old annual cookbooks and do still use them.

Comment

Thanks Machele. I just went on their website and signed up for a free issue to see if I like it! I love cooking magazines and books....!

Comment

I dropped both TOH and QC as someone said same ol' same ol'

Comment

We have been taking all of their magazines since the first one came out many years ago. Currently all but one subscription has run out and they will not be renewed. When they started putting out all of the special magazines for holidays etc, printing cookbooks left & right and adding all of the ads I stopped renewing them. I noticed a cookbook in the store the other day and it had the Readers Digest icon on the spine so I think they have teamed up with RD.

Comment

I did renew my Simple and Del.(formerly Quick Cooking) simply because it was cheap & I got the 2 gift subscriptions. I've noticed repeat recipes too but guess theres only so many recipes out there!!

Comment

Working...
                              X