Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was the last time you had

a plain ol' piece of bread and butter?

When I was a kid, bread and butter were served every night with dinner. I don't know why that popped into my head last night, I haven't had bread and butter for years and years. Now I want a slice of Wonder Bread (which I also haven't had for years) with butter!

Re: When was the last time you had

Very seldom in my life have I eaten a plain piece of bread with butter. I used to have it when I ate goulash-it was a must have. What about bread butter & sugar?
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

We had bread & butter the other day with our spaghetti.
      My DS thinks it is the best! DH too!

Comment

Haven't had wonderbread in years. But we have warm french bread with butter quite often.

Comment

about the only time I eat any kind of bread with butter is at restaurants. I always butter my rolls.

Comment

I Made A Couple Frozen Loaves Of Bread To Go With The Stew Last Night. I Had A Slice W/out Butter. Does That Count?
            SHEL

Comment

I had plain butter with a slice of toast this morning. I also had a second slice with peanut butter and sliced bananas. First time I every had that and it was so good!
              "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

been forever since i had bread and butter..now i'm getting hungry.

Comment

When was the last time you had

I LOVE a nice, crusty sour dough bread and REAL butter. Not that fake crap. Real honest to goodness, heart attack-inducing butter.

Comment

I remember being at friend's houses and when dinner was put on the table, so was a stack of white bread and butter. I'd never seen such a thing! We never had it at the dinner table.

When anyone asks what your all-time fave food in the world is... my answer is always french bread (IN FRANCE) and butter (that's ONE food, right???) Can't EAT real french bread anymore... but I have a GOOD memory!
                    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Just had some at lunch today. I had to order in lunch for a seminar that is going on in the office and I got the leftovers. They had pasta with chicken, red peppers and mushrooms. With that comes salad, dessert and a variety of breads and buns. I tried the sun-dried tomato bread and the herb bread - so delicious

Comment

This thread is making me want to bake some bread just so I can have fresh bread with butter. Usually the only time I eat bread or rolls and butter is at restaurant. I mostly only serve bread and butter with beans or chili. Otherwise, I don't think about it.

My mother always served buttered bread with dinner, Luvs. That brought back memories for me.
                        Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

When we were little and were getting real hungry just before suppertime, Mom would tell us to go have a piece of bread and butter to 'hold' us. Sometimes I still do that. If I have butter in the house, I'll butter anything just to eat butter if it's margarine, I won't.
                          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

we always had bread and butter with supper, my parents still do every night. And when I was little, my grandma would make me bread and butter with sugar. I was just thinking about that the other day.

Comment

Ah yes, buttered/sugared bread.

To my dad, a meal wasn't a meal without bread and butter. I think that was a generational thing to ALWAYS have B&B on the table. I can recall the same at the in-laws' table.

Comment

Working...
                              X