X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaurenB
    replied
    Re: When was the last time you had

There are several meals that I make that I serve DS buttered white bread with. I love it too, but try not to indulge too often due to the carbs...

So simple, and so good! When I was growing up, we often had a plate of tomatoes and scallions, and a plate of buttered bread at the table to go with our meals. Could it be a Southern thing? I would totally do the tomatoes and scallions, and maybe add green or red bell peppers if my family would eat that. They don't, so I don't.

Leave a comment:

• Stella
    replied

often with dinner

mrs baird's bread or bunny bread

Leave a comment:

• TexAnn
    replied

We always had bread cornbread ect, when I was a kid.
    It didn't make me fat back then...lol

Leave a comment:

• mommyx2
    CopyKat Chatter

• mommyx2
    replied

I have a piece nearly everyday. Gotta have a bit of something in my gut when I take meds.. quickest thing to 'make' bread & butter.. Grosses DH out.

Leave a comment:

• mew
    replied

Ah yes, buttered/sugared bread.

To my dad, a meal wasn't a meal without bread and butter. I think that was a generational thing to ALWAYS have B&B on the table. I can recall the same at the in-laws' table.

Leave a comment:

• cookin in sw mo

• cookin in sw mo
    replied

we always had bread and butter with supper, my parents still do every night. And when I was little, my grandma would make me bread and butter with sugar. I was just thinking about that the other day.

Leave a comment:

• MudderBear
    Master Chef

• MudderBear
    replied

When we were little and were getting real hungry just before suppertime, Mom would tell us to go have a piece of bread and butter to 'hold' us. Sometimes I still do that. If I have butter in the house, I'll butter anything just to eat butter if it's margarine, I won't.

Leave a comment:

• beatlebette
    CopyKat Chatter

• beatlebette
    replied

This thread is making me want to bake some bread just so I can have fresh bread with butter. Usually the only time I eat bread or rolls and butter is at restaurant. I mostly only serve bread and butter with beans or chili. Otherwise, I don't think about it.

My mother always served buttered bread with dinner, Luvs. That brought back memories for me.

Leave a comment:

• Rubelishous
    Master Chef

• Rubelishous
    replied

Just had some at lunch today. I had to order in lunch for a seminar that is going on in the office and I got the leftovers. They had pasta with chicken, red peppers and mushrooms. With that comes salad, dessert and a variety of breads and buns. I tried the sun-dried tomato bread and the herb bread - so delicious

Leave a comment:

• luvs2eat
    Grand Master Chef

• luvs2eat
    replied

I remember being at friend's houses and when dinner was put on the table, so was a stack of white bread and butter. I'd never seen such a thing! We never had it at the dinner table.

When anyone asks what your all-time fave food in the world is... my answer is always french bread (IN FRANCE) and butter (that's ONE food, right???) Can't EAT real french bread anymore... but I have a GOOD memory!

Leave a comment:

• Divegirl
    Guest replied
    When was the last time you had

I LOVE a nice, crusty sour dough bread and REAL butter. Not that fake crap. Real honest to goodness, heart attack-inducing butter.

Leave a comment:

• anglebutterfly

• anglebutterfly
    replied

been forever since i had bread and butter..now i'm getting hungry.

Leave a comment:

• Ro-Ro
    Master Chef

• Ro-Ro
    replied

I had plain butter with a slice of toast this morning. I also had a second slice with peanut butter and sliced bananas. First time I every had that and it was so good!

Leave a comment:

• SHEL
    replied

I Made A Couple Frozen Loaves Of Bread To Go With The Stew Last Night. I Had A Slice W/out Butter. Does That Count?

Leave a comment:

• AllieK
    Master Chef

• AllieK
    replied

about the only time I eat any kind of bread with butter is at restaurants. I always butter my rolls.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X