A potential situation???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A potential situation???

I need some help here ladies. I'll try to keep this short. Tonight a bunch of us gals are going out to celebrate a 50th birthday. We will be staying overnight at BD girls house in the next town. We are friends who have been separated over the years and this is the first time in about 15 years that we have all been together. Plan is to go to J's house, have some drinks, order in Chinese, and go out to bar to dance and party. One of the girls is an alcoholic as well as sick with other health issues. She thinks that she is fooling us that she doesn't drink anymore, we know better. When she drinks she gets really weird and, she doesn't have to drink much. She is on meds also for the health probs. When J invited her to come out, she was surprised that she accepted because it will be a long drawn out night for her, she is not up to much these days. Now, I'm worried that she may get out of control. I know there are other things that we could do besides go to a bar but this is J's night, she is newly single and she wants to party and live it up if you know what I mean. Any thoughts on this?
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Re: A potential situation???

Wow... kind of a tough situation. If it were me... I don't think I'd invite the alcoholic who's pretending to be sober... cause if you've ever partied w/ an alcoholic... they can sure ruin a party!

On the other hand... you're not supposed to alter your life to accommodate the alcoholic, right? It's their illness to handle...

Will everyone ELSE end up taking care of this girl while the BD girl parties hearty? Maybe the alcoholic w/ other health problems can leave the bar early if she's tired/not feeling well?

Good luck!!
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Re: A potential situation???

Originally posted by luvs2eat View Post
      Wow... kind of a tough situation. If it were me... I don't think I'd invite the alcoholic who's pretending to be sober... cause if you've ever partied w/ an alcoholic... they can sure ruin a party!-- Yes but, she was invited right from the beginning.

On the other hand... you're not supposed to alter your life to accommodate the alcoholic, right? It's their illness to handle... -- that's what the rest of us said too.

Will everyone ELSE end up taking care of this girl while the BD girl parties hearty? Maybe the alcoholic w/ other health problems can leave the bar early if she's tired/not feeling well?--well, yes, me and another gal would take care of her.-- We will be many miles away from home, too expensive for taxi, her hubby does not drive

Good luck!!
      --thanks! I'm kinda nervous.
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Working...
      X