Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh gracious, ned more help. halloween candy

hahahaha this is stupid.

DD just got in from a work meeting and a mall meeting.

the mall, like so many others pass out candy to kids, kids dress up and go to the mall to trick or treat.

DD came in and said she is responsible for passing purchasing candy or treats for these kids, plan on 1500 kids. and your budget is FIFTEEN DOLLARS

i said come on fifteen? seriously? i spend more than that on the 10 kids that come here.
    she said i laughed in the meeting, and said i could give them each a penny. lol

dang it. now what?

how cheap-o is that?
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: Oh gracious, ned more help. halloween candy

Check on candy at big lots, sam's, el cheapo places.
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

I would just give them the penny-any candy that she can buy for 1 cent each is going to look pretty chinzy-so just give them the penny.

Comment

Where do you get penny candy. How cheap.
        "Outside of a dog, a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Comment

Is she still at bath & body? Is that where she worked? If so, maybe she could give them each a complimentary squirt! LOL

Comment

DS has to do the same thing. He runs out of candy fast and just says sorry to the rest of the kids. You can get those big bags of cheap candy at Costco kind of cheap. It would last a little bit longer. Especially when you just give them a couple of pieces.

Comment

It's too late to do this, but if you talk to a manager in person at a grocery or department store at the very beginning of the month, the stores have a donation budget and you can get extra goodies that way. You have to have the details spelled out on organization letterhead. And you have to be quick because their budgeted amounts go fast. For now, why not ask co-workers to pitch in a few dollars each to expand that budget. $15 is absurd!! Why are the businesses all so cheap?

Comment

she managed somehow.
                yes she's at bath and body works. she was out shopping and ran into the girl from hall mark. their budget was twenty dollars.

dd ended up pitching in fifteen dollars of her own money. she fiquered that if she was reimbursed then so be it if not that was fine too. so she spent thirty. we'll see how that turns out.
                i think she was at big lots and wal mart. but she did get some horribly cheap hard candy.
                those poor kids.

the point is to get them out of the damp cold air and into a safe place, and they'll get crappy candy.
                I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Stella, that was so nice of your dd to pitch in. Wonder if the store has any small sample sizes of product to add to the giveaway too?

I think you should be really proud of yourself, for the fine child you raised.

dragun

Comment

Stella, that Bath & Body yourDD works hard, you know my DD worked for them, she is off a month in Dec. & they said we will take you back for the month because of school, I am getting so many coupons for them, DD thinks she can work for that month the manager said come back & even just do floor sets, I don't know seems Bath & body isn't doing too well. I wonder if they will hire for Dec. hope they do DD worked for them for over 1 1/2yrs. Seems it is so empty in those stores, once she went to work they said go home. I will say they were so nice to work around her, I want her to do something if she if off for a month so Bath & Body is good about that. She may have to find another store. She needs something to do in that month. I think Bath & Body has their regulars and maybe don't want her for a month, we will see & she can try. She liked working for them.

Comment

oh no the store here is swamped.

that shea cashmere is flying off the shelves, she had to re do the display twice in a week, while she waite for shipment.
                      they have hired their holiday help, they have 30 employees on schedule now, that was the meeting last night, a small dinner affair after the meeting, gifts for everyone, she got home about 10. the company did pay her for the candy. all of it. so that was nice.

the store here is doing really well. she works between 35 and 52 hours a week.
                      this week she said cut them, let the new peeps get trained, because she was swamped with tests and exams. so she's working 16 hours. |I am proud of her, she planned for this week, and put money aside to be prepared for the low paycheck when it comes in.

Comment

Working...
                      X