Dinner Tonight (Saturday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner Tonight (Saturday)

Well I am making Sweet and Sour Pork to bring over to my Niece's. We are doing my birthday party over there. Last time we had a family get together there was much discussion about the last time we had done the whole home made S&S thing. So I decided that is what I wanted to do for my birthday. My niece is making stir fried rice and normal rice, my sister is making wanton's (I have to make extra sauce for dunking) and she didn't know what else. So I am looking forward to stuffed tummies tonight.

Huffle
    Last edited by Huffle; 10-25-2008, 01:37 PM.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Re: Dinner Tonight (Saturday)

Sounds like fun Huffle! I may come join, I'm considered part of the familiy right? lol

I think I'm going to make liver and onions, mashed potatos and gravy. May even fry some okra since I'll be frying the liver!!

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
      Sounds like fun Huffle! I may come join, I'm considered part of the familiy right? lol
      Absolutly come on down dinner is at 5, you know where my niece's house is.... lmao

Huffle
      God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Think we are just having some leftovers tonite
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

We're goinig to Carraba's tonight!! My kitchen is staying clean!

Comment

Homemade Chili made last night..............mmmmmmmmmm

Comment

I was USING my family tonite, I'm catering a wedding next Saturday and needed some feedback.

I bought a pork loin this week at Kroger and I'm friendly with the the butcher so I asked him what's the difference. He told me that he had a restauranteur here in town (wish I knew who it was) (scuse my spelling) just last week had him cut the loins into 3 tenderloins each. Do you realize how much money that saves???? Pork loins at $1.99 lb. pork tenderloins at ????? lb.

OK.......I tried pork loin thing this evening, cut it into 2 and cooked it like a tenderloin and it was good...........I would never do it for someone I had promised a pork tenderloin........but would suggest it for any family trying to save some $$$$$$.

Anyways.........I cooked a pork tenderloin (cut in 2), seared with dijon mustard. Then baked in the oven. And made a dijon marsala sauce to serve over..........family liked it. Some roasted potatoes and green beans rounded out our meal. Too bad that apple pie never got made............

Splish, splash, I needed a bath.

Comment

Sounds great, that is a big savings. Did you also marinate the tenderloin, I guess you don't really need to, it's so tender to begin with, but maybe for flavor ?

Comment

Thanks for the tip Kat. DD and SIL came out unexpectedly. We had lasagne, ceasar salad, garlic bread and apple pie for dessert.

DD's pup managed to 'help' herself to the parmesan cheese on the table--dang dog is more monkey than canine!! Compared to our senior citizen, Molly, this one is like a 3 year old child on sugar overload--all the time!! And they want us to look after her for a week in March----ohhhhnnnnooooo.......
                  Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

OMG just got home from my niece's. We had S&S Pork, won ton's, fried rice, egg rolls and my sister made Empress Beef. She has the recipe from the Empress of China in San Francisco. It was great. What a wonderful dinner. Plenty of leftover S&S Pork for me to put some in the freezer for dinners. YUMMERS.

What used to happen to the Pork Tenderloins being realy cheap. I remember back in the '80's my Mom would get them dirt cheap and would make them they were great. Now you pay top dollar for them.

Huffle

Comment

Working...
                    X