Good and bad things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good and bad things

So, last nite there was water on the kitchen floor and the pipes underneath the sink was leaking and on part of the piping was clogged. Dh is all in a twitter and what do we do....home depot is closed. don't worry honey, walmart has everything I need to fix this tonite. So, at 1030 pm, off I go to walmart and get everything I need. Home by 1130, and I start working on the sink. Ok, so by 130am I have the sink fixed and I go to get off of the floor. Well, my foot is tingly and 1/2 asleep and my knee has locked in place. took dh and ds to get me upright.

And now at 1230am, on the next day and my foot is still kind of tingly, and the back of my calf is on fire like I pulled a muscle.

But I am really happy with the job I did on the sink and that I could solve that home problem by myself.

dragun

Re: Good and bad things

Hey, I'm impressed!! Hope your leg is better and doesn't end up costing more to fix than a plumber would have cost! But you do have a sink, don't you!!

Comment

you fixed the plumbing yourself?? Way to go!! That's so cool!

Comment

Dragun good for your DH to fix it, my DH is good too but sometimes things get a little out of hand and then we have to call the plummer, so happy not to have a plummer in here in 3yrs, I really don't know the charge for them now. But if you still have a problem with your leg, ask Nurse Nu about it. I would rest it, ice it, relax it, just keep it propped up and see in a few days. If a problem then maybe go see about it. Take a tylenol or something too. I think you will be fine in a few days. But ask Nu I really don't know, that's what I do.

Comment

roset, maybe I didn't understand, but my dh did not fix the sink. Unfortunately, he is hopeless with household chores. He is a huge help with everything. We love cooking together, I cook and he cleans.

Thanks for the advice on the leg. I have been keeping it propped and straight, so hopefully a few days off of it and I will be back to 100percent.

dragun

Comment

Hey dragun, I NEED you! I have a leak under my sink too...lol!
            Yes I am also very impressed and proud of you! WTG Lady!!!!
            Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Kudos to you dragun. While I know the "mechanics" of working under a sink (just as I know them for changing a tire), I don't have the physical strength. You saved a bundle. The last time I had a plumber in it was $96 to walk in the door and then $96 for each half hour plus parts. You saved a bundle!!

Hope the leg works itself "out".

Comment

Working...
              X