How do you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you

How do you shred cabbage?? Do you cook it first or what??

dragun

Re: How do you

I would just portion it into 1/4 and then use my grater. . . I usually jjust cut it into slivers and then boil it afterwards cause it cooks down. I guess it depends what ur making with it. I use mine to make layered cabage rolls.
    INSANITY - the act of doing the same thing over and over agian, but expecting a different result. ANGEL

Comment

I use the large blade in my cuisinart. Years ago when I received my cuisinart as I wedding gift, I received a box of 8 additional blades ...I use the widest.

Comment

Or you can just cut the cabbage head in half and use a big old knife to shred it like they did in the "olden" days...lol! Any size thickness you want...
        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Originally posted by TexAnn View Post
          Or you can just cut the cabbage head in half and use a big old knife to shred it like they did in the "olden" days...lol! Any size thickness you want...
          Ditto, TexAnn, that's how I do it. Works fine for me. But if I had to shred a big amount of cabbage I would use my food processor.

Comment

Ha ha... I remember one of my most fun jobs when I was about 18 (in the early 70s) was the cook for a summer day camp at a State Mental Hospital where I'd worked as a nurse's aide (picture the hospital in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest... it was JUST like that). I had to make lunch for 40 adult residents and would pick up about 10-15 heads of cabbage, quarter them, and grate 'em on a box grater for cole slaw!! My right arm was REALLY strong!! HA HA

Sometimes the residents would want to come into the kitchen to help me... we'd always let them, but we'd grab out our food first... yikes!
            "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Working...
            X