Suspicious find in my CAR!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspicious find in my CAR!!

I don't use my car every day, but when we got in it to go out on Saturday... I noticed a few suspicious MOUSE TURDS in the middle console.

Babe had a miserable experience w/ a pack rat who built a nest in the engine of his truck and caused $400 worth of damage to wires, etc.

Time for a car CLEAN OUT!!! ALL I'd need is to see a mouse while I was driving!!!
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Re: Suspicious find in my CAR!!

OMIGOD---I would be out of the car whether it was moving or not!!!!
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

I JUST HATE when that happens! Going to have to drive your car more often! keep a cat in it! lol
      "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Guess we are never free of them little critters!
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

My mom lived with a mouse in her old work van all last winter. Never could catch him and thankfully she never saw him, but he left evidence that he was there. I refused to ride with her and this spring she left the van doors open one day and I think her cats took care of him. Now this fall she filled the van up with moth balls to keep mice away. I don't know if it will work on the mice, but it is keeping my kids and myself out of her van.

Comment

One winter I went to put my groceries into our van, and a chipmunk jumped out and ran off. I understand where you are coming from about the damage mice/cipmunks, etc can do to a vehicle engine, we had to get some work done on one of ours once.

Comment

I am offering you some very crucial advice now.....
              WHATEVER YOU DO.......
              DO NOT EAT THE CANDY IN THE BUTT CRACKS of the car ...lol!
              Sorry Stella, too fun-ny!!!
              Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Ok, you've convinced me - I MUST clean out my car! Cleaning it out has never been a priority of mine. I let "stuff" stack up in it until I dont even know whats in there anymore. But I never thought that rodents might find their way in. If there are any in there now, I certainly couldnt see them thru the mess I have in there.

One year at Thanksgiving I couldnt find my turkey platter so I had to go buy a new one. In the springtime I finally got around to cleaning out my car. And I found the platter in there, because I had taken a turkey to my parents house the year before. So it stayed buried in my car for over a year without me even giving it another thought. My kids are always teasing me that if my car ever overheats, I probably have enough half-empty water bottles in the car to fill up the radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by cottun View Post
                  Ok, you've convinced me - I MUST clean out my car! Cleaning it out has never been a priority of mine. I let "stuff" stack up in it until I dont even know whats in there anymore. But I never thought that rodents might find their way in. If there are any in there now, I certainly couldnt see them thru the mess I have in there.

One year at Thanksgiving I couldnt find my turkey platter so I had to go buy a new one. In the springtime I finally got around to cleaning out my car. And I found the platter in there, because I had taken a turkey to my parents house the year before. So it stayed buried in my car for over a year without me even giving it another thought. My kids are always teasing me that if my car ever overheats, I probably have enough half-empty water bottles in the car to fill up the radiator.

Cottun, you just described my car!!
                  Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Wow...that is scary. Nothing like that ever happened to me, but when my sister lived in FL. she was driving to work one morning and saw something move out of the corner of her eye. There was a snake in her car!!! She pulled right off the side of the highway and jumped out. I would never have had the nerve to get back in there!

Comment

That happen to me too. I had 500.00 worth wire damage so the guy at the dealer told me put the mouse bait that has a sticky back to it by the engine and they will eat it and take it back to share with there friends. It did help no more wires that have been eatin. They go by the engine to keep warm.

Comment

Cottun, your car sounds like my DD's. I swear she has everything but the kitchen sink in there! I'm just the opposite. I take all trash and anything that doesn't belong in the car with me into the house every time I get out of it. The only things in my trunk at the moment are some Avon books and my detergent and bleach for the laundromat. I can't stand clutter.
                        Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Working...
                        X