Flu Shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flu Shots

How many of you generally get a flu shot? I've only twice in my life, once when I was working in a doctor's office and once a few years back. Funny tho' that those were the only times since I've been a little kid that I got knocked flat on my back sick with some strain of flu bug. I've decided that I'm better off NOT to get a flu shot LOL!
    Will you be getting one?
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Re: Flu Shots

I just got one yesterday. I don't necessarily get one each year but as a diabetic it is recommended that I do.

Comment

Already had mine - I get one every year and if I miss a year then I am constantly sick with upper respiratory infections, sinus infections, etc. So, I always make sure to get my flu shot.

Comment

I Get One Every Year, Never Got The Flu Until Last Year, There Was A Strain Going Around That The Flu Shot Didn't Cover, Doc And I Got Sick Same Time, Must Have Gotten It From Same Patient!

Flu Came To Town Really Early This Year. I Recommend Everyone Getting One, Especially Those With Decreased Immune Systems, Lung Problems, Diabetes, Etc!!

Comment

I've never had one... I was allergic to eggs (in which the vaccines are incubated?) as a baby and now I have autoimmune issues that just make me too scared to get one. My primary care doc told me to forget it!!

I've had the REAL flu twice in my life... it's terrible. I was flat on my back the last time (w/ 3 small kids) for an entire week and I swear it took another 2 weeks to feel back to normal.

I become an obsessive hand washer in the winter and try REALLY hard to NOT touch my face!
          "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I do. In fact this year, the hospital I work for has made it mandatory for employees just as yearly testing for TB is mandatory. I had the flu only once as a young woman when children were in grade school. Even my hair 'hurt'.

Comment

I'm getting mine today. I've gotten them each year for about 7 years now. Only got the flu once since.
              "There's no place like home..."

Comment

I got mine last week. I started to get yearly flu shots when I started to work in the school system.

Comment

Mom & I will be getting ours this week. It really does help.
                  Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Because of my kidney transplant, I have to get the shot every year and so does everyone in my family as well as those close to me (who really care about my health). All do it willingly and no one has ever gotten the flu from the shot. I think often people get colds or other ailments around the time of their shot and call it the flu but it isn't really the flu.

What a lot of people don't understand is how they don't get the flu shot, then get the flu and can unknowingly can cause serious harm to a person in their workplace or church or school or grocery store that has a compromised immune system. I'll get off my soap box if you all go get your shots, PLEASE.
                    Believe in your abilities - amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic

Comment

I get one because I have asthma. The years I've skipped, I didn't get the flu. I've never had "the real flu" and hope I never do.

Comment

I get one every year. Because I work in healthcare, they are usually free to employees. And I dont think I've had the flu for over 20 years now.

Comment

The flu vaccine is a dead virus. You can not get the flu from the shot. If you get sick you were going to anyway according to the info the vaccine people send us. I get one every year, just don't want to take a chance.

Comment

What a lot of people don't understand is how they don't get the flu shot, then get the flu and can unknowingly can cause serious harm to a person in their workplace or church or school or grocery store that has a compromised immune system. I'll get off my soap box if you all go get your shots, PLEASE.
                            Tiptop:
                            Seeing that I am a healthy person, if I get the flu, I can battle it. When I look at this your way, it so makes sense. I will get a flu shot for the sake of others
                            Last edited by MudderBear; 10-28-2008, 12:25 PM.
                            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Now thats a good way to look at it Mudder Bear....
                              Thank-you XOXOXOX!!!
                              Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Working...
                              X