Heyyyyy, Luvstoeat!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heyyyyy, Luvstoeat!!!!

OMG!!! I made your skillet cornbread lastnight. Served it with homemade soup. It was so easy!! DH RAVED about the cornbread!! He scarffed the leftovers for his lunch today and RAVED some mored!! Thank you sooooo much for the recipe. I think it will become a staple in this household!

Ohhhh Shooot! I'm sorry, Luvs, I just realized I misspelled your name and this thing won't let me edit the header.

It's luvs2eat!!! I'll type it out 50 times if you want me to
    Last edited by Ginger; 10-28-2008, 07:18 PM.
    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Re: Heyyyyy, Luvstoeat!!!!

Ha ha... SOOO glad you liked it. I've been making it that way for years and years... so when I had to give up wheat flour... it was ONE recipe I didn't have to alter!
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I have one question tho--have you ever added seasonings--like a couple of tsp. of chopped pickled jalapenos or some cheese or maybe bacon grease instead of oil.......
      Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Ok where is the recipe?

Comment

I never have added anything, but I'm thinkin' a bit of bacon grease would only IMPROVE it!!

Recipe's from my best pal who got it from her deep south granny...

Preheat oven to 400. Put small cast iron skillet in oven to preheat w/ a few tblsp. veg. oil

Mix well:

1 cup corn meal
          1 egg
          1 cup milk or buttermilk
          1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar
          1 tblsp baking powder

Pour into skillet when oven is heated. Cook 20 min till browned on top. I double the recipe for my big cast iron skillet.
          "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Working...
          X