China One Buffet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China One Buffet

The Health Department just closed this place down cause they were caught butchering a road killed deer. I am sooo grossed out cause we have eaten there many times.

Re: China One Buffet

The same thing happened years ago to a Chinese restaurant in New Jersey when I worked near there... thankfully, I never ate there. I love venison, but not when it's been pulled off the road after lying there for however long!!!
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

That's funny.....TWO were just closed around here.

I am not sure if the same family owned both restaurants or if they were BOTH just that bad but they were both closed on/around the same time frame. ICK!!

Does anyone know how many *WARNINGS* you are given before they actually close you down? Or what would be so bad to cause it to be shut down right away?

It is too bad because I love Chinese food. Thankfully, I have never eaten at the two that were closed down.

Sometimes I would just like to walk through the kitchens of the places I wanted to eat at BEFORE I actually eat there. I know they would never allow it though! Makes me just want to eat at home for EVERY meal. Don't I wish that was possible.

Comment

I've been to several restaurants in the past where they had one table (booth, whatever) IN the kitchen!! People could sit there and watch exactly what's done w/ their food and everyone else's... interesting concept!
        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I Saw An Email That Had Signs That Were Funny. One Was A Chinese Restaurant And On The Sign It Said "no We Have Not Seen Your Cat, So Don't Ask" Lol

Just Think, The Fresh Venison Was Probably Much Better Than What Store Bought Meat They Could Have Fixed!!!
          "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

After reading this thread, I think I will pass on Chinese food/ buffet for a while

Comment

Me too! We have an Vietnamese neighborhood on our side of town and my Dad says there is a reason you never see a dog or cat in that neighborhood!
              Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Several years back they closed one down in North La. There was rats, really big ones, running around on the buffet bars. The inspectors did a surprise inspection one night after they had closed for the day. The workers had left food out on the buffet and there was rats running all over it. It makes me sick to think about it because we ate there many times!

Comment

That is very sickening.....

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
                    I Saw An Email That Had Signs That Were Funny. One Was A Chinese Restaurant And On The Sign It Said "no We Have Not Seen Your Cat, So Don't Ask" Lol
                    SOOOOOOO brought up a childhood memory of our "girl scout" tour in NY cities China town...we walked along MANY windows with all these cats just hanging out on the "window sills" with long slanted boards behind them (so they couldnt crawl out). We asked the leader why the cats werent aloud to play...but she just hurried us by those "windows". Then we came across one that had an actual dead cat "hanging" by a hook...some of us cried and that was the end of the trip. That same window had a duck hanging and a pigs snout too (PLAIN as the nose on my face ...LOL)

I think I wont be taking THAT trip with my girls anytime soon!!!!

Comment

Okay, just because i have to be a wise a$$. When has anyone ever seen venison on a traditional chineese menu? Now really! When living in the NE, we were always concerned the deer were attracted to headlights and would cause a crash----------soory diverted from thread! Check a traditional menu! Laura

Comment

Originally posted by Sewcute View Post
                        SOOOOOOO brought up a childhood memory of our "girl scout" tour in NY cities China town...we walked along MANY windows with all these cats just hanging out on the "window sills" with long slanted boards behind them (so they couldnt crawl out). We asked the leader why the cats werent aloud to play...but she just hurried us by those "windows". Then we came across one that had an actual dead cat "hanging" by a hook...some of us cried and that was the end of the trip. That same window had a duck hanging and a pigs snout too (PLAIN as the nose on my face ...LOL)

I think I wont be taking THAT trip with my girls anytime soon!!!!
                        WE WENT TO MEXICO ONE YEAR, WE STOPPED TO EAT A NICE LOOKING RESTAURANT IN NUEVO LOREDO, THIS SIDE OF THE BORDER. DAD WAS TEASING ONE OF THE PICKY LADIES WITH US SAYING IT WAS GOAT MEAT AND CHEESE. ON THE WAY OUT, WE LEFT BY A DIFFERENT DOOR. WALKED RIGHT BY A BIG OLE PICTURE WINDOW THAT HAD A DRESSED OUT GOAT ROASTING OVER AN OPEN PIT! LOL
                        "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

A friend of mine toured China a few years ago. She told me that she mainly ate vegetarian as she was never sure what the source of protein was. At the butcher stores they had crates of cats/kittens/ puppies on display. You could choose the one you want and have it butchered there.

Comment

I am so with you on the eating vegetarian at a Chinese restaurant, I am always afraid of what kind of meat it is, they may say it is beef, but is it really? My DH has no problem eating anything restaurants, but I do.

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
                              WE WENT TO MEXICO ONE YEAR, WE STOPPED TO EAT A NICE LOOKING RESTAURANT IN NUEVO LOREDO, THIS SIDE OF THE BORDER. DAD WAS TEASING ONE OF THE PICKY LADIES WITH US SAYING IT WAS GOAT MEAT AND CHEESE. ON THE WAY OUT, WE LEFT BY A DIFFERENT DOOR. WALKED RIGHT BY A BIG OLE PICTURE WINDOW THAT HAD A DRESSED OUT GOAT ROASTING OVER AN OPEN PIT! LOL
                              Roasted goat is not that unusual here in South Texas, it's called cabrito, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X