Thursday..........treats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday..........treats?

Good morning all! Is everyone ready for trick or treats? Today is actually my Friday. I am taking a vacation day tomorrow so I will have a 3 day weekend. I hope I get some things done at home while off. Looks like Nu opened the bar after I left yesterday and had some treats of her own!!
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Re: Thursday..........treats?

Good Thursday morning everybody, have to run to the store and get some candy for tomorrow night. SO is insisting on giving out candy, whatever.
    Veterans Day Parade here on Saturday, looking forward to that. Yes, I know veterans day is not until Nov 11, but for some reason it's being held early this year.
    After that we may go to the local VFW for some " after parade" festivities. Another busy weekend coming up.

Comment

I Haven't Bought Any Candy Either, Guess I'd Better Do That At Lunch Before The Crowds Hit The Stores After Work.

Nommie I Tried To Include Those Nice Boys In Blue That Had Us In Handcuffs The Other Night, But They Were Too Big To Fit Thru The Door. Damned The Luck!!!

Ssdd Here Like Usual, 30's-40's At Night And 80's During The Day, Texas Weather, You Gotta Love It!!

Comment

Still packing for my trip to PA this Saturday... sure wish I was there TODAY... there's a big parade CAUSE THE PHILLIES ARE TOTALLY WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

Philly fans are a hardcore group... I'd love to be there... but I'll just sit here and "kvell" over the spectacular WIN!!

Ha ha... I am SO not a sports fan... I jump on the bandwagon for the Series and the Superbowl... but when it's your HOME team... it makes a difference!

Warmer here... Halloween will be warm too... no coats for trick-or-treaters here. Wish some would come out here, but we're so far in the boonies... we'll see no one! BOOOOOO!!
        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
          I Haven't Bought Any Candy Either, Guess I'd Better Do That At Lunch Before The Crowds Hit The Stores After Work.

Nommie I Tried To Include Those Nice Boys In Blue That Had Us In Handcuffs The Other Night, But They Were Too Big To Fit Thru The Door. Damned The Luck!!!

Ssdd Here Like Usual, 30's-40's At Night And 80's During The Day, Texas Weather, You Gotta Love It!!
          Nu, I saw your guys in "blue"!! I bet some of you are still wearing the handcuffs!
          Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Originally posted by nommie View Post
            Nu, I saw your guys in "blue"!! I bet some of you are still wearing the handcuffs!
            IT'S A GOOD THING THE KEYBOARD ISN'T ANY WIDER THAN IT IS HUH? LOL

Comment

You know it!!!!!!!
              Nommie

Comment

I don't hand out candy at home but I had Linda pick up a couple of bags for the office cos we get a few younger kids between 3 and 5 in the afternoon. Scott will take home any that's left.

Comment

I was just thinking, this year we don't have the time change until after Halloween, so that means the kids won't start coming around til later, for the most part.

Comment

Trick & treating was the 26th here. Counties around us have it on the 31st at night.

Comment

The Only Time The Change The Trick Or Treat Nights Here Is If It Falls On A Church Night, Wed Or Sun.

Comment

No change here, not ever, for any reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                          No change here, not ever, for any reason.
                          Not here either Sabine....
                          I have some popcorn balls that I bought at Wal Mart to hand out to the neighbors kiddos!
                          Nu? What's the latest happenings with the DIL?
                          Nothing happening here today that I can boast about! lol!
                          Weathers GREAT! Y'all have a good day!
                          Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I have the candy in a basket at the door and DD costume hanging on the door handle...can't wait to get her dressed up for the handing out candy occasion...of course at 3 months old...it's more of Mommy's excitement that hers!

Comment

Hi all,
                              Sorry for the drive by postings lately...I'm just not able to spend all day playing with you guys like I WANT TO!!!
                              DS has adjusted to school...FINALLY! DD is LOVING horseback riding. Weather today is nice and brisk, a little chilly but nice.
                              Made my quesadillas for Friday nights dinner...every year we have the same menu (the kids look forward to it). Traditions are great arent they? We start with:
                              Spider web soup (tomato soup with a sour cream spiral which I run a knife thru to look lie a web).
                              Bat and ghost shaped quesadillas (regular quesa's cut with Wilton holiday cookie cutters) and
                              Mummy dogs (hot dogs wrapped with crescent rolls to look like mummys)

Comment

Working...
                              X