Trading Spouses or Wife Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Spouses or Wife Swap

I don't normally watch reality shows but I'm totally addicted to these after catching one while channel surfing. Some are downright uncomfortable to watch, but I can't take my eyes off of it. LOL
    I wonder how many of the spouses watch their episode and think "What the heck am I doing with him/her?"
    Last night one woman, as uncomfortable and out of her element as she was, really tried to make the most of the experience and implement some positive changes in her new family. The other "mom" was disgustingly rude, lazy and disrespectful to her new family and their friends. I felt really bad for her family when she got home. They wanted to keep some of the changes the new mom made, like eating dinner at the table together every evening, and she refused to even consider it. Her family just looked so downtrodden and unhappy. I felt bad for them. I wonder if, after spending a week with a positive, "go-getter", who puts family first, the husband doesn't reconsider his life with the depressing slug, who doesn't cook, clean or work, he's been putting up with for years.

Re: Trading Spouses or Wife Swap

I love Wife Swap although I don't always watch it. DH hates it. I didn't know Trading Spouses still came on. I thought they took that one off. I think the moral of the story is "whatever your family life is like...that is what you think is normal". lol

Comment

I'm probably watching all re-runs, but I just started watching, so they are all new to me. I wonder if there are follow ups on the families somewhere on the internet.

Comment

I can never understand how people think. They have agreed to go on the show and to follow the rules and guidelines. However, when they have to make changes in the second week some of them absolutely refuse to do so. What is the point in being on the show if they are not going to go for the whole experience.

Comment

Love this show too and not really into reality shows either I agree with Rube whats the point with some of them who choose to do the show then refuse to follow rules ....they should edit those couples out and move onto those who grasp onto the concept ....one family was literally around the corner from us LOL

Comment

THERE'S NO WAY I WOULD DO THAT! i WOULDN'T WANT TO SUBJECT ANOTHER POOR WOMAN TO MY DH! THAT WOULD BE CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT!!!
            "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
            X