Frozen Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Chicken

Was wondering,,,,,could I cook from frozen a small whole chicken? In oven? crockpot? Should I partially nuke it first?
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Re: Frozen Chicken

I know I have used the crock pot with a frozen roast,I think I started it the night before and it was ready for an early supper, so since chicken cooks pretty fast, I would have no idea how long it would take. You may have to experiment. I don't think I would try the oven, think it would get to done on the outside.

Comment

My Mom always told me if you cook a chicken and it is still frozen some parts (inner parts I guess) will turn dark. Other than that...I don't really know.

Comment

One of the guys I work with was just telling me about cooking a chicken in the crockpot. I've never done it but he tells me his turns out great. Put some balls of foil on the bottom of the crockpot then add the chicken (thawed) seasoned as preferred and perhaps onion, carrot and celery in the cavity. Turn it on low for the day.

Comment

I decided not to cook the chicken from frozen afterall. With the potential issue of not cooking thru in all places and salmonella poisoning, it's not worth it. Thanks
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

If you have a pressure cooker you could throw that chicken in frozen & it will be done in no time. No need to cook it all day. (Now I want chicken & dumplings!)

Comment

Working...
            X