Just when you think you know someone~*~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just when you think you know someone~*~

This has got me surprised, shocked, baffled, dumbfounded, okay, you catch my drift. A friend of ours whom I've known for over 30 years, DH has known for way longer than that, has gone into a pyschiatric(sp)? hospital. He injured his back about a year and a half ago, has been off work every since on Worker's compensation etc. Apparently he had a very bad case of sciatica. He was walking with a cane, sometimes 2, wore a vest/belt thing, wore some kind of special shoes. He would call my DS every week to remind him to come over to take out his garbage cans, or shovel his path. He could not carry on with doing everyday chores. I hurt my back in the spring, when 'Joe' heard about me, he would not leave me alone with phone calls, e-mails etc. to get me to go to his doc, a chiropractor. He even offered to lend me money for the first 10 appts. ($ was tight at the time) he also offered to make his appts around mine so that he could drive me in. Very nice gesture. He was like obsessed with this back problem~his and mine. I got better, 'Joe' apparantly did not. Last we heard, he had gone for an ultrasound treatment for pain, then the next thing we hear he is in this hospital! He has NO PAIN,,,,,it is all in his head. I guess at some point he did have pain. I really just can't fathom all of this but, I suppose it does happen, I've heard of it but, when you know that it's someone you know and close to, it's very surprising. 'Joe' has been in hospital now for 4 weeks, it is a long journey for him. I hope he gets better soon.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Re: Just when you think you know someone~*~

WOW! So glad for him that he has a friend who understands. Even if it didn't have a physical cause after a while, he probably still felt real pain. Hopefully, they can help him.

Comment

LIfe is never easy. Please go see him and let him know you and your dh are there. {rayers being sent for all.

Comment

I am glad he had you and hubby around to help him. Just make sure to be there for him after. He may feel socialy isolated and tagged with the hospitalization and make him feel even worse. I have had a friend with back pain that she went the way of abusing pain meds, would call me constantly asking if I had any "extra" that I could give or sell her. I always told her no. She finaly got off of them for a while but a few weeks ago I got another phone call from her. It is sad to see someone go down one of these roads.

Huffle
        God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Wow prayers are being sent sometime things just don't add up. So Sorry to hear and hope he gets better soon.
          HUGS,
          Food gal

Comment

hopefully his doctor will give him a placebo {sugar pill} and he will believe it works,hypocondriacs seem to need they believe in something medically.

Comment

i don't think anyone really knows anyone.
              unless you are married to the person, and you share everything, every thought and every mood. and even then sometimes you don't really know them.

not everyone will let people into their deep personal lives.

many many people are suffering from some sort of mental disturbance.
              just that not everyone knows about it. and why would that be public knowledge?

society has this image that many are trying to hold up too.
              people want to be accepted by others therefore, many things are kept private.

nothing should shock anyone
              I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Very well put!
                Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Right on Stella!

Comment

It's just sad.
                    Having an issue right now with something similar with someone I've known for years and years - and this person is having mental issues that is causing deep stress and mental anguish.
                    I am hoping the help they are getting now will get them through this.
                    It's just sad to see it and feel helpless. They know we are there for them, we've made that very clear and will continue to be.
                    But it hurts to see someone you care about hurt.

And yes - there are many private things going on with others than no one knows about. Think of your own self - and how much pain, problems, frustrations, etc. that you keep to yourself.

Reminds me of that saying to be kind to others, as they may be fighting their own battles too.

Hope "Joe" is okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
                      i don't think anyone really knows anyone.
                      unless you are married to the person, and you share everything, every thought and every mood. and even then sometimes you don't really know them.

not everyone will let people into their deep personal lives.

many many people are suffering from some sort of mental disturbance.
                      just that not everyone knows about it. and why would that be public knowledge?

society has this image that many are trying to hold up too.
                      people want to be accepted by others therefore, many things are kept private.

nothing should shock anyone
                      Just because you are married to someone doesn't mean you know every detail of how they feel or what they think. Even happily married people have private stuff sometime that they keep to themselves.

Comment

I know whqat you mean Email Queen about feeling sad and helpless. Joe is still in hospital but, thank goodness he is there where he can get help.
                        Prayers to you and your friend

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                          Just because you are married to someone doesn't mean you know every detail of how they feel or what they think. Even happily married people have private stuff sometime that they keep to themselves.

correct sabine, this is why i said ""and even then sometimes you don't really know them. ""

would have to say however, that my husband and i do seem to know more about each other than many other married people we know. all the group discussions we've been in, bible studies, on top of all the late night pillow talk's we have. still after 21 years we never run out of stuff to talk about.
                          I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Stella, married 32yrs and same thing we still talk about everything, our problem is our family & friends that do crazy things, we just say what are they thinking??? We are the glue, seems they all call us for advice about anything. I feel we are the parents. Mudderbear seems to be in shock which I would be too, this guy that they known and now this. You just never know what goes on. Glad he is getting help. Wish him the best.

Comment

Working...
                            X