Trick or Treating a bust this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trick or Treating a bust this year?

I hope more of you had a better time handing out candy than DD, DH, and I did...we only had maybe 10 Trick or Treaters...and some of them didn't even dress up!! I asked them what they were and they said, "nobody!" C'mon? I was so excited to get to see all the kids in their costumes and I had plenty of candy!! What a bust!

Re: Trick or Treating a bust this year?

The Children have not even started here yet. I'll be really bummed if we get a low #.

Comment

We had it last Sunday afternoon. I was shocked at how many kids that go to school with oldest ds (high school) were trick or treating. They didn't have costumes or anything, just walked up and held open their bag. I just love the little ones. There were a pair of twins, maybe 3 yrs old, both dressed up like raggedy ann, cute as pie!

Comment

Well, I'm really not surprised. We had only 2 trick or treaters! Back when our kids were little enough for it, we'd have maybe 10 kids coming down here,,,,we live down a long dark road, many don't want to venture down here unless they are driven down. Sad, cuz we as well love to see all the little ones dressed up. We decorated around our house too, with glow in the dark skeletons hanging from the trees, scarey cats, spiders & rats. Hope those 2 lone brave ones appreciated it LOL!
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

We didn't have ANY kids on our street. quite a surprise

Comment

We had maybe 10 total kinda sad I loved seeing the kids all dressed up...

Comment

We had 50 kids, DD went out with her friend just walking, her little brother is about 9yrs & they walked around, DD said Mom half the lights are out in the neighborhood. Hardly anyone gave out candy, had those teens but they were dressed up and great costumes too. Teens really did have good costumes. I did give out this yr. full size candy, I never do that but feel I need to do it with all this economy times going on. Everyone was so happy & thanked me saying I had the best house. Very polite kids. Usually these kids grunt or something, but this year was so nice, the kids were so happy and everyone dressed.

Comment

We didn't have any, so DH gets to eat the 1 bag of candy I bought. We haven't had more then 5 the past 4-5 years.

Our church and several in our area held a "trunk 0r treat" night Wednesday night in the parking lot.Everyone who participated decorated their car trunk, and dressed in costume and passed out treats to the kids. We also served a snack in out felliwship hall. Nachos , soft drinks ,cookies and cupcakes.
                I organize chores into catagories.
                Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

We used to get around 50 when my kids were young.
                  Not anymore. We only got 6 tonight.

Comment

We had our trick or treat on thursday, and the neighbor lady said that she got a pretty good amount of kids. We are still on walk the kiddo duty with your youngest and we go to my girlfriend's neighborhood, because 80 percent of the houses are lit and decorated up. This particular neighborhood really gets into the whole halloween spirit and it is a really safe traffic area to be in. Lexie loved the houses where the people tried to scare them with their costumes and elaborate mazes.

dragun

Comment

I was TOTALLY disappointed with trick or treating this year.

I have taken my kids trick or treating while it is still light out for YEARS. We always go to the same section of town and every year the peeps are ready with the candy, ready to see the little ones. The section of town that I go to is mostly older, retired folks.

This year I don't know what happened?????? The peeps moved away? Died? Left for warmer places and young couples live there. ????

We walked the whole stretch and 7........SEVEN places handed out candy. There had to be 45 houses on both sides of the road. Some of the places answered the door and said..."we don't have any candy, sorry" At one place my son knocked on the door, when I noticed no one was going to answer I told him just to move on to the next place. We got a couple of houses down and I turned around and noticed the guys "sneaking" out to run t his car and run right back into the house.

I was P'd off.

The kids were totally disappointed as well. They were asking me WHY MOMMY??

Next year we are just going to have a Halloween party I guess!

Comment

We had several groups of kids. More than in the past, our block is real dark and we've never gotten alot, but every year we get more and more. One of the parents this year said there weren't alot of lights on across town, Economy must be hitting hard.

The best came when GS (17mos) came over, he was a turtle (pics to follow) he had a ball giving the kids coming to the door candy, when no kids were coming, he'd stand at the door with candy in both hands, hit the door and scream "HEY" as loud as he can. He wanted to give out more! lol
                        Attached Files

Comment

Oh Nu!
                          He is adorable! Very handsome little man! Beautiful hair! I know you could just eat him up!!!
                          We had more trick or treaters than usual this time, and I was very impressed with the costumes. Really some cutie pies out there this year. It was fun, but not anything like when we were little. Too much meaness out there anymore. Sad thing for the little kids....
                          Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I was kind of amazed. I live in a multi-ethnically diverse neighborhood. Because of the increased rents in the area, many of the Latino families have been driven out(or away). What we now have are muslin faithed cultures (many Indonesian Island families) Usually the Latino culture embraces Halloween (Day of The Dead Celebrations) and I have about 50 kids. This year, although the turn out was small (about 20), many were the children of strict Muslin parents (the walkers to the Mosque and the wives who dress in requirements) My guess is candy and treats know no ethnic or religious bonds.

Comment

we didn't pass out candy this year..last year we only got a few groups and they didn't dress up..the little kids did..but the older one's didn't..so we decided not to pass out candy this year..plus i was sick..my dd went out with a few friends last night..and said thier weren't that many trick or treaters.

Comment

Working...
                              X