How many trees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many trees?

How many Christmas trees are you going to have? I will have 6 this year.

Re: How many trees?

Wow 6? We usually just have 1 sometimes 2. Are you having one for each room? I love decorating them but hate to tear it down after the holidays.

Comment

ONE

i see no need for more than one tree. we decorate the whole house, but only one tree, one natavity scene. one wreath on the front door.
      I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

That's awesome! Bean and you must be twins!!! If I remember Bean had photos of her trees.. and there must have been at least 5!

When I lived in an old Victorian home, I had one for ...kitchen..DR.. LV..Den...Office..DD's BR..Front porch. Each room had a different theme. I've scaled it down to one ~

Do tell about your trees!!
        Tessa

Comment

One tree here. I do not like taking it all down and packing it away. Everything seem so gloomy after the lights are unpluged.

Comment

Yes each tree will be very different. The one in the dining room is very fall like. All in fall colors with fall leaves and birds and pheasants and pheasant feathers through out. It is really beautiful. The one for the front wrap around porch of this 105 year old house will be white and have very bright colored decorations. Hot pink, purple and so on. The one in the living room will be all in gold and red and very victorian. The one that my twin grand daughters will have in the room they will stay in upstairs will be all colors with small stuffed toys and lots of decorations. The one I will put in the room my daughter will stay in upstairs will be all silver and green. The one for the top of the stairs will be all colors. I will have huge wreaths on the outside of the upstairs windows and tons of white lights in the yard. Maybe next year I will have all 7 bedrooms done and will have more. LOL I would Love to show you all pictures but I don't know how to put them on here. Charlyn

Comment

I'm lucky if I have time to put up 1 tree.

Are yours artificial or live trees? I can just imagine the aroma with 6 live trees.

Comment

none. I haven't put up a tree in years. I just don't see a tree as part of what Christmas is supposed to be about.

Comment

If I can help it I don't put up a tree lol If one is up it goes down Christmas day after the presents are unwrapped

Comment

I only put one tree up.
                    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

One this year. For the last two years we did not put up a tree because we did not host the Christmas dinner. It was so nice!! But everyone is coming over here this year. We just installed french doors between the dining room and the rest of the house. I am planning on putting the tree in there and keeping that room closed unless we are in it. (because we will also have 2 cats and 3 dogs running around and DD's pup is still into EVERYTHING!!!) The dining room is quite long, so I will put the tree in front of the patio doors and set the table further towards the other end of the room.
                      Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Originally posted by DinDin View Post
                        I'm lucky if I have time to put up 1 tree.

Are yours artificial or live trees? I can just imagine the aroma with 6 live trees.
                        Same here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

We put 30 up, and it takes some time. I'll get started in a couple weeks because we are having company at the beginning of December for DH's retirement ceremony and I want the house all decorated by then. Our own winter wonderland.

Comment

I cannot imagine having to put up and take down 6 trees. I am sure it looks beautiful , but it's just too much work. If we host christmas it will be one tree in the living room, a small tree ( which I keep decorated all the time in a storage closet ) on the side board. But that's it. If my daughter is hosting christmas, I don't do anything, nothing. And yes, artificial trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                              We put 30 up, and it takes some time. I'll get started in a couple weeks because we are having company at the beginning of December for DH's retirement ceremony and I want the house all decorated by then. Our own winter wonderland.
                              Wow, 30 trees, how big a house do you have, that must mean more then one tree per room ?

Comment

Working...
                              X