Those totes in stores to save on bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those totes in stores to save on bags

I know we did talk about those totes you buy and get 5 cents off everytime you use them. I also use those plastic bags for trash but these totes to me are wonderful, hold more groceries, they don't break, and reuse them all the time. I got them for $1 a piece and just love them, DD apt 3 levels up it was great, got so much food & not to worry about plastic bags breaking. I am so protective with my bags, told DD give me back my bags, she has some but keeps forgetting to use them. I think they are wonderful. I have one story house but they hold so much & less time to bring in groceries. Also great for crafts , they are only 10 for 10 can't go wrong with that.

Re: Those totes in stores to save on bags

I love mine too!
    You can use them for everything and anything too not limited to just groceries!
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I have two and forget to take them when I buy groceries. I have used them on road trips, though. I wish the stores would go back to paper.

Comment

I have 6 of them now. I bought them at The Dollar Tree, and they are great! Very good quality, and you cannot beat the price. They are green and have a picture of the earth on them, and say "One Earth One Person One chance. They do hold a lot more groceries than those little flimsy plastic bags. I keep them in my trunk so I don't forget to use them.
        Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Haven't tried them, but keep meaning to.
          Will do that next time for sure!

Thanks for the good report!

Comment

i will have to look for them. thanks
            I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

Just luv, luv luv luv them! They carry more and you can stack two or three on each shoulder and make fewer trips from the car to the house. It's amazing how much can be put in one of those bags. I usually have to remind the bagger at the store not to load them quite so heavy. I must have eight of them and always keep them in the trunk. Not all of them are there; have a few with fabric and quilting tools loaded too. They are so sturdy. Bears repeating ... just luv, luv luv luv them .

Comment

The best part is my grocery store has them 10for10 which means $1 a peice, plus I get a nickel for everytime I use them. For $1 a tote it's great. The freezer totes are a bit more pricey but living in Az. I think I may invest in them too. Yes, big problem is remembering them.

Comment

I absolutely LOVE mine!! They do hold so much more than those flimsy plastic bags. Although, I used to use the plastic bags as trash liners for my small trash cans. So, I broke down and paid a dollar something for a roll of small trash bags at the Dollar Store!

Where do you go to get 5 cents off? I haven't heard of that...
                  Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

i have ten or twelve...........and I love them. BUT I have a hard time remembering to take them into the store...

I get to the check stand, and they ask, "PLASTIC OR PAPER?" and I have to groan and say I forgot my bags AGAIN!

Comment

I live in Ireland and they are all we use. They charge for plastic bags over here. You pay a euro or two per bag, but we have been using the same ones for two and a half years. We keep them in the boot (trunk) so they are always handy. And they come in different sizes too. We love them. And being flat on the bottom makes them easier to load. For the most part, there are no sack boys over here, so you'e doing it yourself and these do make it a lot easier.
                      Thank God for what you have.
                      Trust God for what you need.
                      Live well, laugh often, love much!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X