Want to buy silverwear - but where ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to buy silverwear - but where ?

I used to use the silver plated flatware I got at Odd Job many years ago for holidays, but it's not dishwasher safe and I'm soooo lazy to handwash silverware - or anything - anymore !

I have a nice set of plain every day silverware but it's mad old. I'd like something new - and Macy's is really expensive, and Bed Bath Beyond is too (I used to think that BBB was the best priced of all the housewears stores.)

Ideas ?
    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Re: Want to buy silverwear - but where ?

I bought my good dishwasher safe flatware at a Oneida facotry outlet. My pattern was actually being discontinued and I was able to get everythin at a really great price.

Comment

If you're looking for nice stainless, I like Reed & Barton. QVC always has a nice selection and very good prices. I've purchased different sets over the years many times for gifts after first purchasing a set for myself and using it.

Comment

i got mine from QVC a few years ago some 120 piece set for 125 dollars
        reed and barton, super nice stuff. i got all the serving pieces with it

they have lots of sets available, and different serving sizes, options patterns.
        I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I Bought A Set At Linin's N Things, But Ours Went Out Of Business, I've Noticed Bed Bath And Beyond Have Nice Sets For Reasonable Price.

Can't Go Wrong With Oneida Though, Where Ever You Buy It!
          Make Sure To Buy Several Boxes, For At Least 12 Place Settings, Or You'll Always Run Out! Lol

Comment

I got Oneida flatware at a discount store as well - great prices.

Comment

I Was Just Going To Post, I Bought Ds & Dil 3 Sets Of Oneida Silverware From Ross's Dress For Less. They Have A Section For Kitchen Stuff. Each Set, Place Settings For 4, Was $12.99. And I Thought They Were Really Pretty. They Seemed To Like Them.

Comment

you can buy oneida from wal mart.

depends on if you want just the silverware, or if you wnt matching serving pieces as well.
                I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

i looked at qvc; it's hard to tell how it will look/feel, from mail order ... and the shipping must be huge if it's heavy. do you really think i should buy a lot, i wasn't planning to ...

Comment

If You Want The Real Pricey Expensive Stuff, May Try Penney's Or Dillards.

Comment

Is Penney's = JC Penney ?

Comment

I have the sterling flatware that I put in the dishwasher on one side, then put my stainless flatware extra pieces on the other side, just make sure they do not touch. After it is washed, I lay it out on a towel, then when it is dry, I put it in my special lined box for the sterling, so it does not tarnish. I hate to polish it, so I try to never have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Chocolate Moose View Post
                          Is Penney's = JC Penney ?
                          YES, SORRY! I KNOW THEY HAVE SOME HIGH END PRODUCTS, HERE ANYWAY, PROBABLY CAN CHECK IT OUT ONLINE ALSO. THERE OR DILLARDS.

Comment

Linens N Things is going out of business here in SA and everything is on sale. I would check that out. I have a big outlet mall close by and I would go there, probably the Oneida store.

Comment

Wells, you have real silver? I don't have that much $$$ to spend ....

Comment

Working...
                              X