Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pretty dinner plate..or fine china for thanksgiving..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pretty dinner plate..or fine china for thanksgiving..

will you be pulling your fine china out of your cabinet for thanksgiving..or will use your prettiest dinner plates..

Re: pretty dinner plate..or fine china for thanksgiving..

It'll be a Beachy Thanksgiving here.. All I have is sea shell themed dinnerware, silverware, platters, bowls, etc.. It's all about the food !!

Comment

My good china and sterling flatware, antique glasses except for the kids

Comment

i only have plain everyday stuff and fancier stuff. no inbetween.
        I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

China , silver, tableclothes, charger plates, wine glasses, the works..... with the exeption of 2 year old grandson, he gets plastic LOL

Comment

If I had China, I would use it everyday.
            Just regular everyday stuff here....
            I like all the pretties though.....
            Wasn't raised with the elegant style of dining, so I stick to the casual way.
            Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

There will be approx. 45 people for lunch. Mama always makes a couple of huge pots of Chicken Soup w/ tiny meatballs. She like to use china style bowls but for the other foods we used paper ware.

Manga Everyone!
              "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Fine China? What's that....lol. We alsways use paper plates here less to clean up. This year we will have about 12 -13 people here this year because we have 2 soon to be DIL and 4 grandchildren to be joining us. I am excited.

Comment

If I had china, I'd use it. It's "stuff". I can't remember the exact quote from Erma Bombeck, but it referred to using things everyday, instead of "saving" it. She said it after learning she had cancer.

Comment

I'll pull out our "wedding" china for this Thanksgiving. We've been cooking & eating at our church for the last 4 years so this will be our 1st Thanksgiving home in quite awhile.

Looking forward to watching the parade in my jammies.

Comment

We usually go somewhere in between - we use the everyday stuff, but kick things up a bit with different things every year. Just depends on my mood and who all will be there, and what I have purchased or received as a gift to add to our table. It's always different - and always fun.

Last year we had the addition of beautiful red wine goblets (gift from DD#2).
                      This year - I have found some gorgeous gold napkin rings and table linens - actually DS found them and said "Mom! This looks ilke something you'd like!" and it was ! So I am eyeballing that to add to my table this year - to make things really pretty, festive, with some red and gold - but more for Christmas - will add something a little different for Thanksgiving then add more at Christmas............but it'll surprise everyone - always does!
                      That is one of our little jokes in our family - to see what I have done & added each year!

Keeps them on their toes!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X