DH sat & cried today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DH sat & cried today

He was reaching for his wallet on top on entertainment center and knocked a water globe down & it burst. It was the only item he had of his mom's. She passed away 5yrs ago
    I came home from dropping kids at school and found him sitting with a towel on floor just crying. My heart is aching for him right now. I comforted him but I know he is hurting.

Re: DH sat & cried today

I'm so sorry. That's a really horrible thing to happen to him. Bless his heart.
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

I understand his pain. One of my roommates broke part of the set of ceramics my mom collected. It meant nothing to them and there was no way to replace it.

My condolences go out to him. He has her memory in his heart but that last remaining link with her has been broken. I'm so sorry.

Comment

So sorry.
        It takes a lot to make a man cry. That is so sad.

Comment

Is they any way your could salvage at least part of it by super glueing it back together, or was it too broke?

Comment

Great idea Wellsms

If you cannot piece it together could you incorporate the class shards into a mosaic piece - perhaps a picture frame with a picture of his mom surrounded by the glass pieces?

Comment

Oh my heart just sank when I read this.
              God Bless him. I am deeply sorry for him.
              Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Aaaw, that is so sad. I feel bad for your hubby
                A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

My DH would relate to your DH. He lost his Mom quite a few years ago. He still holds on to several pieces of clothing of hers along with her Bible.

My heart goes out to your DH.
                  "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Rubelishous, I think that was a great idea!

I'm so sad for him. It takes a lot for a man to show emotions and I know this has to hurt him dearly.

Comment

When I was two I broke a marigold carnival glass basket my mom had gotten from her mom. When my parents moved a few years ago, I found a box of marigold carnival glass basket shards. She has kept these glass shards for 43 years......

I went hunting on e-bay. I looked every week for almost a year, but was able to replace the exact same basket from some worlds fairs????
                      Last edited by Machele; 11-05-2008, 07:42 PM. Reason: must have been half asleep!

Comment

can you maybe look for one like it on EBAY or something close.

My heart goes out to him for the loss of the thing that he connects to his mom.............

I can totally understand his feelings.

Hugs to both of you.

Comment

No saving any of it. It was a zillion little shards. The angel inside was glass too & it shattered too. The pain was still there on his face when he got home tonite. He fought tears all day at work, eyes are bloodshot and his cheeks are just sagging. I have never seen him this upset.

Comment

I know, I got this cookie jar thing, My Mom kept saying take what you want, for some reason I wanted this cookie jar, Mom died but I just wanted that cookie jar,Mom had so much stuff but I wanted it. It's over my fireplace mantel and I get scared to dust it. if that goes I will just be beside myself, I know how he feels. Just that one thing. If that cookie jar breaks I will feel so bad. I am so protective of it. No one touches it. I really know how he feels.

Comment

Something that we've done in this situation....Go to the craft store and get those big clear glass Christmas globes. Then take the pieces of glass, etc and drop them into the globe (most have a cover that comes off), then you'll always have a special reminder of the item to put on the tree.

Comment

Working...
                              X