Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK...Queen Bee No More

Except at my house of course.

Roger and I have prepared 1st Friday Dinners at our church for 4-5 years. Tomorrow night is our November 1st Friday and I have only 2 folks that have volunteered their time to help. Not near enough help to cook, set up the the social hall, and clean up after.

Simply can't do it and may be cancelling it, I'm sick of it...........the joy in my journey is gone.

Re: OK...Queen Bee No More

Wow that's sad. Do you think they know so few are volunteering to help? The normal attendees that is.

Comment

I would cancell it. Also let them know it was cancelled because there where not enough people to help out. Try it again next time after that and see if you get more help. If not let it go for a few months. Try one more time and if still no help I'm sure there are plenty of other places that would your help.

Comment

Maybe you have become too efficient and the rest of the folks have become lazy. Definitely cancel and be very open about the reason. Perhaps even list everything that needs to be done for one of these functions. Many folks really do not realize how much work is involved--sorta like husbands . If you decide to continue, insist on a minimum number of volunteers for each event. ((HUGS))
        Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

If you want something done, ask a busy person. Unfortunately, the busy person also needs help to do what is asked. Don't kill yourself over this. If you can't delegate some jobs to others, cancel.

Comment

Cancel it and let everybody know exactly why. People want to come and eat, but nobody wants to help getting it done. Maybe it's time to let someone else take over ( heaven knows you have already enough on your plate ) or just let the dinner go.
            And for heavens sake don't feel guilty about it.

Comment

know what you mean. I quit volunteering for our monthly lunches. A couple of were spending more time setting up and cleaning up and all the other volunteers could only show up in time to eat and leave. The last straw was when one of them was complaining about the way something was done.
              Last edited by Catpersona; 11-06-2008, 07:39 PM.

Comment

After several phone calls last evening, it was decided that someone would just purchase some fried chicken and they will just "wing" it. LOL! I'm relieved.

There is supposed to be someone that puts it in the bulletin, someone that sets up the hall, kitchen staff and clean up staff, but the last few months it's been all me and Roger.

Well, they're not going to have me to kick around anymore, I do have enough going on in my life. I've lost the Volunteer spirit.

Comment

Working...
                X