Oven Mitt - What Kind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven Mitt - What Kind?

Just burned my hand for the umpteenth time. No matter how hard I try, I manage to burn my hands. I just touch a hot pot lid - even for a second - and I am burned. I have a silicone small mitt. Do you all use the silicone or is there something better? I think I need something that goes up my arm.

More conscious of it since I had lymph nodes removed. Have to be more careful.

Re: Oven Mitt - What Kind?

I really like the Ove Gloves, but they don't go all they up your arm. They fit just like a glove going a little past the wrist.
    My mother's menu consisted of two choices - take it or leave it!

Comment

I have the silicone mitts, but still us a pot holder with them.
      I organize chores into catagories.
      Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

Are you making sure your Oven Mitt's or Hot pads are dry before you use them? I have gotten burned bad by using a damp one.
        There are I think it is teflon ones like weber ones with the BBQ stuff that go about 3/4 of the way up my forearm. Those are nice.

Huffle
        God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

I like the big fat thick glove-mitts that come half way up the arm.
          It I use regular potholders, it is inevitable that I will get one with a thinning spot, or damp spot or it'll slip........and I am burned.........so the thick glove-mitts work for me!

Comment

I love the silicone squares. they seemed to be large enough for me to get a good grip without burning myself. That said I always am doing stupid stuff like touching hot lids or picking up a hot potato.

I think our biggest problem is that as women, we are really busy and are constantly multi=tasking and just forget. I know while I am cooking, I thinking of 10 other things I can get done or do while something cooks.

dragun

Comment

Do you think the teflon ones protect you well enough? I think I need something that goes past my wrist. Maybe a whole body suit! Dragun, I think you are onto something with the multi-tasking excuse. I just always seem to touch a hot pot lid with the side of my hand or touch the top of the oven when removing something. It really hurts when I shower and the hot water hits my hands. Maybe I should just not cook at all. Thanks for all of your input. A new mitt will be on my Santa list this year.

Comment

my lands end mitts have finaly worn out, after a llllong time - maybe 15 yrs?
                I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

i have the old fashion oven mitts..

Comment

on cooking shows they rarely use mitts, i always wondered why ...
                    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

I have to use the long mitts, because I am also really bad about burning myself!
                      I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

I just pull the rack out and use a dish towel. Haven't used mitts in years.

Comment

Working...
                        X