With it turning so cold..anyone get the,"blahs?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With it turning so cold..anyone get the,"blahs?"

Anyone else feel this way? I think my husband thinks somethings wrong with me...but I just feel "blah" it's cold out, have to keep the baby in...and it's my first time not working since I've been 15....it just feels so strange to stay home everyday with the baby....and not leave the house or really talk to adults (besides my DH) for days on end!!! Thanks for letting me share.

Re: With it turning so cold..anyone get the,"blahs?"

we don't get it that cold here. so i don't think i can truly say i understand the cold and snow and being locked in, much like how people in the north do not understand our heat.
    and that is what gets to me, is the heat and humidity.

but i just adjust my crafts, my time, my schedule, my cooking.
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I live in SE Missouri. I love fall and winter. I love the cold weather.

My mom gets the blahs this time of year, though.
      Spicy food speeds up your metabolism. Put salsa on your cupcakes.

http://find-teresa-butler.tripod.com

Comment

I very much prefer cold weather to hot since hot here is accompanied by humid. However, the shorter days of fall/winter do get to me. I definitely suffer with SAD (seasonal affective disorder). Also I find the lack of 'green' depressing; however, that makes the greening up of spring that much more welcome.

Comment

I Love Cold Weather, But We Get Alot Of Patients With Seasonal "depression" That They Need Antidepressants Thru The Winter, But Fine The Rest Of The Year.
          "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I live in Florida and where I live it was so gloomy and gray. Yesterday and Today it is so nice out that I could be outside all day.
            "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

I rarely get the blahs here in So Cal. It doesn't get very cold, and doesn't rain often. But when it does, it doesn't bother me at all. I love cooler weather. Everyone is different. I love staying home. I retired this year, and I just love it!

Gess, do you have any friends who have babies or young children like you do? Maybe you could plan some play dates at your home or theirs, or go to the park, etc. It helps to get out of the house when you feel the way you're feeling. ((((Gess)))) You could also start a hobby like scrapbooking, rubber stamping, or painting ceramics. Just a suggestion.
              Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

DH gets it realy bad sometime mid January. I hate the cold when it gets anywhere below 20F.

Black Ice was really bad this morning. Freeways, ramps, over passes where shut down from all the accidents. DS1 had to drive through some of it to get to classes.

Comment

The holidays have always been a rough time for me since my mom died when I was 12 way back in 1970. The beginning of the end for her started on Christmas Eve Day and carried through until she died on Ground Hog's Day two months later @ age 36. So the winter season DEFINITELY symbolizes dark times for me.

DH never seemed to understand why something that happened to me when I was 12 has followed me through my lifetime........that is until he watched a TV show on people like me and he FINALLY understood what I must go through. Plus I always tend to "internalize" things and put on a happy face........especially for my kids' sake the entire time they were growing up. However, now with perimenopause slapping me in the face, it's been tougher the past few years. I don't mean to get that way, it just comes and I have to deal with it.
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

The change of seasons affects most people. It doesn't get horribly cold here, but cold enough that going outdoors isn't pleasant, and it always makes my family stir-crazy after awhile.

I have found that it helps me to plan indoor projects, read, re-pot plants, watch old movies, cook - just whatever suits me. Otherwise I catch myself getting in a "funk" - which I guess is basically the Seasonal Affective Disorder (just a fancy name for my "funk").

There are other things you can do to get out and meet others with children. Check with your local library. Most communities have special times (lap times) for children and stay at home Moms, projects, crafts, movies, etc. It might be cold out getting there - but if weather is permitting and your baby isn't sick, it might be good for you to get out and socialize.

All of us mothers understand where you're coming from - sometimes you just HAVE to talk to someone that is above 3 feet tall, doesn't drool, doesn't blow smushed green peas at you and doesn't give you a blank look while obviously leaving a surprise for you in their diaper!!!!!!

Hang in there...........you'll figure out what works best for you!

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'm new to this side of town...and all my friends are about 40 minutes away, my family is 2 hours away...and it's so hard!

Comment

Working...
                      X