Shoes don't really "fit"; what 2 do ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoes don't really "fit"; what 2 do ?

I get good quality shoes and wear them for years, literally. Rotated for the seasons, of course. Right now I am wearing Easy Spirit step in loafer type shoes, which I also have in black, and I've worn them so much over the years, that I've had the inside rebuilt a couple of times. The outsides look fine btw.

Somehow, the heel part just doesn't feel "good snug" on my foot, and being that I have the tendency to fall a lot (I walk a lot too), I am thinking to take them to the shoe guy and see what he can do.

I'd loove to wear adjustible type shoes, but that's impractical for me, come the cool weather.

Anyone ?
    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Re: Shoes don't really "fit"; what 2 do ?

I don't know it for a fact, but I'd bet Scholl's probably has some kind of insert that you could put on the back part of the shoe at the heel area. I don't often wear shoes with backs, as I need a AAA heel, and they're not always easy to come by.

Comment

Mew, I'd be on my face, just thinking about that. I cl imb a lot of steps and Oh !!!

I've tried pads; I have the rebuilt inside and my orthotics in there now. I hate being all "packed up" too....I've often said i want to go right from sandals to boots but it's jut not practical !!!!

Comment

Well, I must admit that working as a transcriptionist means literally just sitting 8 straight hours a day, so I guess that has been my saving grace if you will. I probably would not fare too well either if I had to do a lot of walking.

Comment

Go to Foot Solutions! Your feet will love you for it.

Comment

my foot doctor told me that you should only wear the same pair of shoes for 6 months.
            after that they break down.

i would guess that you can re sole them all you can, but eventually something has to give.

i know i have a pair of boots that i have had for 15 years. some dress shoes i may never part with.
            but as for a tennis shoe sneaker walking shoe i don't keep them long.
            I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I have become a complete addict to skecher's brand of shoes. I prefer no back and I haven't found a slip on of theirs that I can't fully walk in or feel comfortable in.

dragun

Comment

I wear the same pair(s) of shoes for years because I am usually in runners. My runners have a significant 'shelf' life--6-10 month on the treadmill, 1-2 years as going-into-town-shopping-shoes, 2-3 seasons as outside-work shoes, indefinite as grunge-throw-away-after-this-project shoes.

But there comes a point when even the best cared-for, best loved pair of shoes must bite the dust. If you have repaired these shoes this often, no matter how good the outside looks, the insides are really past it and it is time to give these fine constant travelling companions a decent farewell....Adieu much loved foot coverings.....Sigh....
                Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Maybe go just buy a new pair of the same shoe, I bet they even may be on sale. Everything is on sale now. If they fit well then just buy 2 pairs one of a different color, DH does it. He is so picky about shoes we always get 2 pairs at the same time.

Comment

all good avice..anyone else?

Comment

sigh ...

Now it's my everyday dressy black shoes. I just shoved some tissues in them !!!

Comment

Just adding a note about shoe brands as it's been talked about here a bit---I'm addicted to Birkenstocks. My feet have never felt better. I even wear the sandlals in the house in winter.
                        Mary Ann in Wisconsin
                        "A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Comment

CM.....i guess that would make a diference in your profession, as to what a good shoe is. If you sit most of the day, i'd say the other respondents to this are okay. However, if you are in retail(seat---what seat? are you kidding?) Then you must invest in a better-best shoe. Let me spell it out------hhmmm 300.00 a pair of shoes, or a double bunoinectomy---you do the math! Keen shoes, Beauty feal, Mephisto, Merrells, Taryn Rose, and Zappos.com are all good sources. Keep us informed, Laura

Comment

I went back to Easy spirit yesterda, tried on a varity of things, but my foot moved around in all of them.

If I need the bunion surgery at some point, I'll have it, no ifs ands or buts. It hasn't bothred me for a long time, thankfully! Like 6 mos !!!

The best thing for me is to go from sandals to boots but I realize that's impractical - I have slingbacks that are pretty comfortable but a little too dressy for every day. I don't mind wearing sneakers most of the time out of the office, but what I need are simple, comfortable, every day flats. Is that an oxymoron ?

Comment

Working...
                            X