Jumping on the prayer request wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumping on the prayer request wagon

My DB's long time pal died years ago... 3 days before graduating from culinary school (his dream). The food he prepared for his graduation party was served at his wake.

His sweet wife has been raising her grandson since he was about 1 1/2 years old as her DD is doing hard prison time for years of drug abuse. Dawson is a super sweet boy. Kathy had her hip replaced last week after a fall broke it. She got pneumonia... flat lined... and is now brain dead. In their examinations, they found cancer in so many organs... pulling her plug will be so merciful.

Now they're finding out that her DS is also into drugs and is not a candidate for taking care of Dawson ... but THANKFULLY... Dawson's godmother's been involved in is life forever and will happily continue to raise Dawson, now 9 years old.

My heard breaks for this family and for Dawson who is an awesome kid and deserves the best!!
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Re: Jumping on the prayer request wagon

Holy Moly what a story that is! I wish the very best for Dawson, and thank goodness his Godmother was right there to bring him up, and welcome him into her home, with loving arms.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Kind of puts my own crap into a whole new perspective, ya know??

I just finished reading "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch... which touched me beyond measure. I've spent some time w/ Dawson and plan to write him a (9-years-approriate) letter telling him just how much his grandmother loved him and was proud of him.
      "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

That would be such a nice, thoughtful thing for you to do
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Wow, heartbreaking...definitely on my prayer list!

Comment

What a sad story. Prayers said.

Comment

Prayers to you all.
              Very sad.
              Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Working...
              X