Surgery tomorrow morning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery tomorrow morning...

It's nothing major, but I have a cyst in my right hand that's blocking blood flow to my pinkie and ring fingers - I'm left-handed though, and I've been practicing with the mouse on my left, so hopefully not too big a deal! Also, Alt key is a beautiful thing!!

It's either damage to the artery or just a benign cyst - either way, I can't afford to let it get any worse than it is, so I don't want to put it off - there are a lot of vessels, tendons, and such in the hand.

When I went to the fair recently (surgery had already been scheduled) my hands got really cold on the rides (yes I had leather gloves on just in case, since my hands are always cold). When I took my gloves off my 2 fingers looked like cadaver fingers - they were very yellow, and there was no hot water in the ladies room. They got better after a few minutes in the car, though!

Wish me luck! (just a little nervous)
    I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

Re: Surgery tomorrow morning...

is that tomorrow already? ohh lil bug i am so sorry.
    wish i was there with you, call me if yoou wanna vent chat or listen to me b!tch. i got a ton of it lately. who's helping you??
    call me if you need too ok
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Thanks, Stella, I'm staying at my mom's (she is so excited lol) but I reserved the right to sleep in my own bed, so she couldn't keep me captive! Doubt I'll want to drive home tomorrow, though. I'm sure I'll take my laptop with me so if she's not pumping me with pain pills (her MO) I'll keep in touch!
      I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Yes, please keep in touch and let us all know how you are doing. Hope you can use your computer to talk to us. I wish you the best.

Comment

Good luck to you Crabby!
          Just keep that positive attitude going and know that we are here for you with plenty of hugs and prayers!
          Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Good luck to you,,,,wishing you a very speedy recovery!
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Good luck on your surgery--prayers for you!
              Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Hopefully by the time you return to this thread, it's over and done with. I've had several hand/arm surgeries. The first 24 hours, as with most any surgery, can be a tad uncomfortable, and then each day is better and better.

Comment

Good luck, have a speedy recovery, and it's good that you have your Mom to take care of you.

Comment

Good Luck, Thoughts And Prayers For You!!!
                    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Wishing you the very best and all goes well.

Comment

OH GEEZ! All my best to you for a healthy speedy recovery!!!! (((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Comment

Sorry I missed this yesterday. Hope everything went well. Let your Mom take care of you! That's what Moms are for!

Comment

So... after the surgery you won't be Crabby anymore... OR have a McClaw?? Will you be Happy Handy?? ha ha ha

Hope it all goes well! Keep us posted!!
                            "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I hope everything went well for you!

Comment

Working...
                              X